Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

nsstune software

+3
nomad
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1nsstune software Empty nsstune software 17th September 2014, 4:14 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

can anyone on here tell me how I go about getting the nistune software and everything needed to map our cars?
think they are a pmls chip and all the stuff comes from Australia but believe you have to obtain a license from them

trying to find out as I have an extremely good mapper lined up for our new rolling road and he said if I can tell him who to contact to get everything needed he will map the gtir's for us which is handy as he is literally just round the corner from us
he currently has all the software for the big stuff like motec, syvecs aem, link ect

he does a lot of rally cars for various teams and is supposedly one of the top mappers in the uk

all will be told soon

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 17th September 2014, 4:58 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Heres the Nistune website about ordering & licencing etc Bob

http://www.nistune.com/ordering.php

3nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 17th September 2014, 5:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Beat me too it mate .... ive been looking and reading if i got it right you buy the tuners license wich is $600 but works out $660 .... but i dont know what mapping software you would need i guess its whats compatible with your machine ...

4nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 17th September 2014, 5:27 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Think its "type 3" daughter bourds for the GTiR
Heres the list of Daughter bourds for each model of Nissan

http://www.nistune.com/equipment-products.php

5nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 17th September 2014, 8:05 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

This would be great, then I wont have to travel too far for my remap Smile

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

6nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 17th September 2014, 9:07 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Cheers guys
All a bit over my head at the moment as not got the time to look into it but il pass on the info for nistune to the mapper so he can look into it and get the relevant license and so forth.

There has to be places over here though where you can buy the chip to solder in to the ecu board as can't quite work out with them it seems you have to buy the whole board with the chip installed which is quite expensive
Anyone she'd any light on that?

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities

7nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 17th September 2014, 11:18 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

GTI-R US wrote:Cheers guys
All a bit over my head at the moment as not got the time to look into it but il pass on the info for nistune to the mapper so he can look into it and get the relevant license and so forth.

There has to be places over here though where you can buy the chip to solder in to the ecu board as can't quite work out with them it seems you have to buy the whole board with the chip installed which is quite expensive
Anyone she'd any light on that?

I think Horsham developments sell the Daughter bourds... Not 100% sure tho?

8nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 18th September 2014, 11:35 am

mreguest

mreguest

Bob - i know the answers - i tried to make my own e-mance ecu but fooked up the soldering, will try again one day, but have since bought a calumsult ecu which was a B13 related ecu that helped spawn alot of the nistune etc.

e-mance
http://www.e-mance.com/tunes.htm

calumsult ecu:
http://mid-west-nissans.motionsforum.com/t260-b13-calum-ecu-740cc-z32-3-bar

I've not got time today to finish writing this today, if i don't write to you tomorrow we'll talk at rally day! The key to success is really how good your soldering skills are, the rest is easy!

cheers,

Adam

Smile

9nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 18th September 2014, 3:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers adam il have a chat with you on Saturday about this

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

10nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 26th September 2014, 8:43 am

mreguest

mreguest

Hi Bob,

So further info...

Type 3 board = 260aus = £140
USB Cable = 95aus = £51 (get this cable because the laptop dave showed me was USB only, you could in theory do an old serial-usb convertor type but would only save £25)
Individual license = (200aus = £108) ignore this price for now
Tuners License = 600aus = £324
Post = 25aus = £14
Total = 980aus = £527 all in ready to go as a tuner.

But if you only want to tune GTIRs/SR20DETs/Type3 board cars, then i think you only need the 'Individual' license, it means individual car/ECU/engine I think. (Get hold of username 'watoga' aka irish dave he knows alot about this.)

So your price for the above could be reduced to 580 aus = £312 for type 3 only. But being a business you should probably do the tuner license, for only £216 extra, then at least you can support all the other nissan boards too.

From that point onwards you would only need boards at £140 each plus post and fitting. If you buy 5-10 boards i'm sure they do discount.

all the user manuals and installation documents plus videos are here:
http://nistune.com/support.php

you need someone good with a soldering iron to put the board in, desoldering the 40 blocked holes then soldering in the 40 pin header and jumper is a nightmare, maybe there is a special tool that we don't know about...?

How many spare ECUs you got knocking about? Why not get a few nistune boards and pay some local kid who's a soldering wizzard geek...

If i ever get any spare time i will have another go at building my e-mance board/ecu and chuck it on the rollers, but finding time is difficult even when i'm not fixing my car, my support vehicle (celica) or my girlfriend's clio (f'ing silly french madness, but being the 172 it is fast and regularly gets 40mpg i can't believe it)

good luck!

Adam

11nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 26th September 2014, 12:38 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thanks adam that's a big help with the info you've just given thumbsup

il have a chat with the tuner after hes seen what the nistune is like as he may have a better alternative in mind at a reasonable cost so il leave it to him to decide whats best to use for our cars

people just use nistune because its there at the moment and that's what they have heard of.
at the end of the day as long as the vehicle is mapped correctly and has good drivability then that's what counts over anything else as its pointless spending loads of money on a forged engine and everything else that goes with it if its gonna go bang through having a poor map installed

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

12nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 6th October 2014, 6:36 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Hi Bob,

Most of the key aspects have been covered above. Since the licenses are "lifelong" it doesn't really make sense for you to opt for the single license. For a little extra having the flexibility to map (or even data log!) other Nissan ECUs would definitely be worth it. If you are interested in buying any of the stuff let me know as I can get you some discount off the list prices (I'm not out to make money so the cost would be at 100% trade), although if you are going to be buying a solid chunk of stuff immediately they may be able to offer you discount right away. The (de)soldering is time consuming, especially if you want to make sure you remove all the old solder before fitting the new chip. The instructions are detailed, but it ultimately comes down to how patient you are..................

Hope this helps, but if you need any other information just let me know.
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

13nsstune software Empty Re: nsstune software 20th October 2014, 9:39 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Probably worth supporting Nistune if can purely as a lot of people will already have one & cost is quite reasonable.
Plenty of options these days though & technology always evolving.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum