Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAO Gaz GTiR

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FAO Gaz GTiR Empty FAO Gaz GTiR 26th April 2014, 7:30 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Gaz, I have just been reading back through some of the ECU threads and noticed that you said on one of them that you sent your ECU to Ed at Fusion to get the Nistune chip installed?

If that's the case then your TPS and base timing being out maybe the reason for you running rich as it is not set up correctly?

Try and set your TPS to between 0.45 and 0.55 volts and base timing to 20 degrees and see if that cures it?

2FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 27th April 2014, 2:12 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I gave Ed a ring yesterday & he said that the TPS is ok @ 0.10 If it was over 0.50 then id have an issue, anything below 0.50 is ok...
I meantioned that when we put the TPS to 0.50 that it put the timing to 30 degrees!
He said don't touch it & leave it as it is because if I adjust the timing once TPS is @ 0.50 then it will mess with the map... Which is what Bob said so was a good job we left it @ 0.10 Wink

It is 5 years since it was mapped so I think its just overdue a check over & remap!

3FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 27th April 2014, 7:39 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

yep I would when the times right reset the tps and base timing and get the map tweaked to that.

notice spike thinks of you gaz but ignors this northern boy re making me a lead and I pay him which I would prefer or worst case a pm telling me what and how to do it ball age   hijacked 

4FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 27th April 2014, 9:18 am

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Ok no worries Gaz I'm sure it will be sorted with a tweak of the map.

Johnny I could make a lead up for you, but being a sparky I'm sure you can knock one up  thumbsup 

Here's the link that I used, just don't buy the lead from Maplins as they are mega expensive. I also grounded it down by the fuse box.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21747

5FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 27th April 2014, 12:38 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Haha sounds like favourtism that Johnny  Laughing 

Cheers for your help tho spike, appreciated Smile

6FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 27th April 2014, 5:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I maybe I will tell him its for you lol or say my address is ...... southern fairyland ha
No its all sorted now
very interested in what he learnt me on RR day and will be asking for more info demos next time I see him
great guy and excerlant knowledge from him on a subject that I am very interested in

7FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 27th April 2014, 6:18 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

No problem guys, Johnny I will even make the cable FOC for all your help on the RR day mate so you are definitely the favourite one soz Gaz  moonie 

8FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 9th May 2014, 5:18 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Cable all made up and posted today Johnny  Very Happy 

I have put a bullet connector on the wire to connect to the blue wire on the AFR loom, the other one is the earth.

9FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 9th May 2014, 9:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

top man you goin to spint day ? I phones just totally crashed so god knows what is saved to I cloud or whatever shit it is will try apple shop tomorrow if your going will square you up there

10FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 9th May 2014, 9:55 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

johnny gtir wrote:top man you goin to spint day ? I phones just totally crashed so god knows what is saved to I cloud or whatever shit it is will try apple shop tomorrow if your going will square you up there

I'm off to Portugal for a week so won't make it to the sprint day, you don't owe me for it as I said I would do it for you after you helped me on the RR day mate.

11FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 9th May 2014, 10:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

thought if I paid you would of took me to Portugal for a holiday  Very Happy 
thank you very much mate people like yourself make owning a pulsar or 3 worth while
enjoy your hols and if I don't see you before see you at the club event

12FAO Gaz GTiR Empty Re: FAO Gaz GTiR 20th May 2014, 6:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

arrived thanks a lot for all your time and effort

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum