Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil pressure

+4
Hardy172cup
gtirx2
GTI-R US
Trtrucker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil pressure Empty Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 10:22 am

Trtrucker

Hi not long had the car but having trouble with the turbo leaking oil out replaced turbo with a used spare i have of my scrap pulsar went to race retro used it on the demo rally stage and now thats done the same . Just wondering if i have to much oil pressure and how if possible to reduce it

2Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 10:51 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

What's oil pressure reading at hot idle?
And what turbo are you running on her?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 11:58 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

Blow by can also cause this as my friend has just had the same on his evo.
Started with leaking around the core of the turbo then started blowing blue smoke now and then and slowly getting worse.
Car still ran well with no signs of any other problems but infact had broken ring llands on 2pistons.

I think the gtir's breather setp is slightly better/bigger than the evos so may not be as prone to showing signs this way but its still always a possibilty,i would compression test it.

4Oil pressure Empty Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 3:40 pm

Trtrucker

Hi thanks for your reply its running a standard garret t25 turbo and the oil gauge showing just over 4k cm at tick over hot and when revved goes up towards 8 on the scale , as a old timer i no idea what that is (still work in ft and ins) thanks again

5Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 3:53 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm no expert but I have studied oil pressure readings in sr20's extensively because I had oil pressure probs of my own.

Your readings sound a little high to me from what I have read online

6Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 4:10 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

These are my oil pressure readings

6 on cold start up and gradually creeps down as the engine wrms up.
Just over 2 hot idle
Just over 4 cruising
And up to as high as 6 when giving it some boot.

7Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 6:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah 4 is a bit high at hot idle especially rising to 8 on the move

You may have a faulty oil pressure sensor so could be worth trying another to see if it reads the same or drops
If still high I would say your oil pressure relief valve in the pump may be sticking and not releasing the pressure which could give you major probs with pressure seals in the tubby.

Could also be a kinked or blocked return over pressurising turbo or as said above if you have a cracked ring land you'll end up with excess crankcase pressure which also won't help your cause.

Or could just be the replacement turbo you fitted was on its last legs

8Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 6:44 pm

Trtrucker

Hi thanks for that this is what i was worried about just fitted a refurb. turbo well will go from there?

9Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 6:59 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Just because it's been referbed don't rule it out as being faulty, I've had rebuilds in the past that have only lasted 2 days so it may still be faulty but check that oil pressure ect as it could be blowing the seals

10Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 7:15 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

My mate blew a seal once. Never worked in that zoo ever again

11Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 7:26 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Bones wrote:My mate blew a seal once. Never worked in that zoo ever again

Quality lol! lol! lol! 

12Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 7:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

That's disturbing  Shocked Laughing 

13Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 9:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Trust darren to bring tbe tone down.. Laughing 

14Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 13th April 2014, 11:28 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

my mate has just had his turbo rebuilt by AET Turbos, Fitted it, primed it took it for a steady drive & it was still smoking exsevily, he cleaned intercooler & boost pipes out & still the same... I took the inlet pipe off the turbo for him & you could move the shaft in & out about half an inch  Rolling Eyes  & that was after 5 miles of steady driving after rebuild! Lucky its under warrenty but still could have the same issue again!

15Oil pressure Empty Re: Oil pressure 14th April 2014, 10:00 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thing is when you go back to the turbo builders they always always blame the prob on the car  Evil or Very Mad  even though you know damned well theres nothing wrong with it

I will never have a turbo rebuilt again after two bad experiences with Essex turbos, not all are bad but they all come out with the same crap when its clearly a bad build which is very annoying

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum