Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ignition/fuel cut

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ignition/fuel cut Empty Ignition/fuel cut 11th April 2014, 1:11 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Going round a left had bend lastninght on boost in 2nd gear & the car misfired like ignition cut or fuel cut at about 5000rpm... I did thing fuel surge but I had over half a tank of fuel  scratch 

Car has never done this before, its always ran faultlessly in the 5 years ive owned it & still is running sweet, Just that 1 time lastnight? Any ideas, could it be det sencor on its way out?

2Ignition/fuel cut Empty Re: Ignition/fuel cut 11th April 2014, 1:23 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no not det sensor

if you was hanging on a long drawn bend at speed I would still say it was surge.
ive had it with half a tank of fuel on a few occasions
if the long nose filter is not seated right at the foot of the tank this can happen if you throw the car in and keep on the loud pedal

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Ignition/fuel cut Empty Re: Ignition/fuel cut 11th April 2014, 1:29 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Bob your a legend mate  Laughing  It was a long sweeping corner, how did you know  Shocked  so that probably is miy problem then, time to take fuel sender out & make sure pump its seated properly then

4Ignition/fuel cut Empty Re: Ignition/fuel cut 11th April 2014, 1:51 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep guessed it was lol

push the pump down in the cradle so the bottom of the long nose filter is actually hitting right on the bottom of tank then you should be able to do the same bend with just over a qualter tank

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Ignition/fuel cut Empty Re: Ignition/fuel cut 11th April 2014, 3:14 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cheers mate ill give it a go over the wekend Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum