Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another "AUS" build.

+3
nomad
johnny gtir
ducie54
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another "AUS" build. Empty Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 8:44 am

ducie54

ducie54

Hi all. Thought id join up and do a bit of an intro after talking to Bob.

Some of you may have seen this user name around and some may not. Im normally pretty quite unless things need saying or advice is asked. Im a mechanic by trade and spent a little time on small size race cars over here In Australia.

I bought a pretty stock example that turned out to be a lemon. Spent the last four years upgrading it and now putting the last few touches on it before I can get it running again. Has been built for the local hill climbs and small circuit running. But to be full street legal and not stand out to grab attention.

Here's a pic of when I first got it and one of how it sits now. I will add more info when I get some free time

Another "AUS" build. Wa93
Another "AUS" build. V0id

2Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 9:16 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum look forward to the other pictures. I know its not for everyone but don't sit quite by looks of the second picture your info will help many members

3Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 10:44 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wow that looks so different in the engine bay ...... welcome to the forum .....look forward to some more info on your build ....

4Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 11:03 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella

5Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 11:13 am

jamiegtir

jamiegtir

Welcome nice engine bay would like to know more about how you went about the vvl head and would you recommend it??

6Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 12:42 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

welcome to the forum nigel

very interesting looking build  Cool 
see your going the same type of route as me with my rasheen monstrosity, with exception of vvl but im using a roller rocker head with a few modifications.

what tubby and box you gonna be running on her?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 6th April 2014, 6:21 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Welcome, yes spoke with you on the mods.
Nice set up mate, well done. Love it. More on the spec please.

8Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 7th April 2014, 5:03 am

ducie54

ducie54

jamiegtir wrote:Welcome nice engine bay would like to know more about how you went about the vvl head and would you recommend it??

This is the 2nd VVL setup I've had. I started to put the ve head on the Gtir block but once I took the stock head off I found the head to dowel locators where never refitted so the gtir block was rooted. This current motor is a  SR20VET out of the X-Trail.

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Welcome, yes spoke with you on the mods.
Nice set up mate, well done. Love it. More on the spec please.

SR20VET with the VE exhaust rockers and dual solenoid valve. 20V cams and stronger springs, the rest of the internals is stock. Once I get a tune and sort out the bugs ill rebuild the motor.

9Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 7th April 2014, 5:28 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

ducie54 wrote:. This current motor is a  SR20VET out of the X-Trail.

So how did you go about fabricating a bracket for the gearbox, transfer box. It's not just a straight engine swap is it?

10Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 7th April 2014, 5:29 am

ducie54

ducie54

GTI-R US wrote:welcome to the forum nigel

very interesting looking build  Cool 
see your going the same type of route as me with my rasheen monstrosity, with exception of vvl but im using a roller rocker head with a few modifications.

what tubby and box you gonna be running on her?

Turbo is a Garrett GTX3076r with the Tial V band turbine housing. The gear set I have is a close ratio dog box made for Trust by Quaife and the case im modifying myself.

Another "AUS" build. Y9lb
Another "AUS" build. R903

Hello,

Ok, the QKE4F was designed and manufactured in March 1993 for a company in Japan called ‘Trust Co Ltd.’. At the time they were a large distributor of ours for Nissan products, specifically our Nissan Skyline gearbox, which they ordered in bulk. We only made a few prototype gearkits and never received a large batch order, as a result I do not have a retail price unfortunately.

Kind regards
Adrian Naish
Quaife Sales

11Another "AUS" build. Empty Re: Another "AUS" build. 7th April 2014, 5:36 am

ducie54

ducie54

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:
ducie54 wrote:. This current motor is a  SR20VET out of the X-Trail.

So how did you go about fabricating a bracket for the gearbox, transfer box. It's not just a straight engine swap is it?

You need to use the Gtir engine mount and alloy support. The other mounts used are the Gtir ones. There is one transfer case mount that wont fit but most never use it anyway. The SR20VET is a narrow block like the Gtir so its pretty straight forward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum