Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taxed the R today

+2
pulsarmoley
ROB_IOW
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Taxed the R today  Empty Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 7:40 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Oh my god i've missed driving my pulsar .
The power is so raw compared to my standard evo .
The evo is 276bhp and my R is 330bhp i know 55bhp is alot of difference in power .But the difference in power delivery is unreal ,
Id forgotten why i love my R but now i remember

2Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 7:44 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Glad you didn't sell it now then?
I haven't owned anything else similar to the R so couldn't compare power and delivery etc

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

3Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 7:54 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I never advertised it .  Was just thinking about selling it .

I am certain now it won't be sold .
I'll still buy my landcruiser i'll just have to persuade my mrs that we need 6 cars

The evo delivers it's power so smoothly compared to my R power is pretty constant throughout the rev range . You do get a little kick at about 3500rpm
But not as much of a kick as my R gives you

4Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 9:32 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Mines back on the road tomorrow, can't wait. And the 1st place it's going is round to Hardy172cup's to strip bits off and put them on his to see if we can find his fault

5Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 10:40 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Yeah know what your saying about the power delivery, I find that with the Scooby, its a smooth type of power delivery, with my R it kicks you back in the seat and sounds angry!  Smile

6Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 10:55 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

My mates got a scooby and the power delivery is so different to the R, it's a very smooth delivery and doesn't seem as savage as the R, I will say though I like how the scooby boxer engines seem to pull through the rev range.

I do feel though that in a tight close circuit twisty situation were you keep constantly accelerating and braking so to speak the R would thrapse his scooby Laughing

7Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 31st March 2014, 10:59 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bones wrote:Mines back on the road tomorrow, can't wait. And the 1st place it's going is round to Hardy172cup's to strip bits off and put them on his to see if we can find his fault

Sorry buddy, you haven't had it on the road 2 minuets and I'm ready to start removing bits off it  Razz 
I'm quite looking forward to seeing you car up close, it looks mint on the pics and it looked well when I had a nosy down your drive when I went past  Laughing 

8Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 1st April 2014, 12:18 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hardy172cup wrote:My mates got a scooby and the power delivery is so different to the R, it's a very smooth delivery and doesn't seem as savage as the R, I will say though I like how the scooby boxer engines seem to pull through the rev range.

I do feel though that in a tight close circuit twisty situation were you keep constantly accelerating and braking so to speak the R would thrapse his scooby Laughing

Yeah your right Bill, it is a smooth delivery, my Scooby has had a re-map too, but to me it doesnt feel as quick, but the Pod times are very close  affraid Maybe I will get Rich to bring the Scooby to the Jap show and I will line up against him  Cool  Show him who's boss!  Laughing

9Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 1st April 2014, 1:15 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

[/quote]

Yeah your right Bill, it is a smooth delivery, my Scooby has had a re-map too, but to me it doesnt feel as quick, but the Pod times are very close  affraid Maybe I will get Rich to bring the Scooby to the Jap show and I will line up against him  Cool  Show him who's boss!  Laughing[/quote]

If you do you should try and get a video of it  Wink 

10Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 1st April 2014, 8:46 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Yeah your right Bill, it is a smooth delivery, my Scooby has had a re-map too, but to me it doesnt feel as quick, but the Pod times are very close  affraid Maybe I will get Rich to bring the Scooby to the Jap show and I will line up against him  Cool  Show him who's boss!  Laughing[/quote]

If you do you should try and get a video of it  Wink [/quote]

Yeah always good to have evidence!! the Scooby needs a clutch, when it was run at the Jap Show last year it slipped quite badly, so I got one, but just needs to find its way in!  Laughing

11Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 1st April 2014, 11:18 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

my R will be back on the road at the end of april so should be fun as well, i still need to put a new clutch for in it but should be interesting to go in it for the first time (i bought the car as a non runner) Very Happy

12Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 2nd April 2014, 8:43 am

i drove a subaru sti 5 ra and that had similar power delivery to the gtir and the mazda 323 gtr i had was very similar

13Taxed the R today  Empty Re: Taxed the R today 2nd April 2014, 10:18 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

My R is only boosting at 0.9 bar at the mo .
So not like its running loads of boost

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum