Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ARP rod bolts, are they rod maufacturer specific?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jammin

Jammin

Guys can anyone confirm if ARP rod bolts would be different for standard rods compared to a set for BC rods.
For example would the ARP bolts fit both types of rods, or would they actually be different and rod manufacturer specific?

Basically i bought a set of BC rods that came with ARP2000 bolts. I upgraded to ARP625+ bolts, so had the ARP2000 surplus.
So will the ARP2000 fit a set of standard rods?

Cheers
Ben

Greygtir

I cannot see them changing thread or pitch. Its more likely material do u have a set of standard rods?

Jammin

Jammin

This is what i thought, and the size of the bolt must be the same!!!!

basically i sold the ARP 2000's to someone and they have come back to me and said that these are not the bolts for standard rods, but for atermarket, such as Tomei, rods. And also that the nuts were missing.

Now im thinking the rod bolts must be the same, as ARP dont sell GTIR rod bolts for using tomei rods, and a seperate lot for BC etc, rods for a gtir are rods for a gtir, its the material and processs of making the rod that changes, not shape, diameter etc.
And nuts, for rod bolts.........????

Am i missing something here? Even if using a stroker crank etc, the rod BOLTS must surely be the same........................ arent they?

Greygtir

I have manleys in a box brand new and some standard so ill measure them asap

Jammin

Jammin

A true gent, cheers.
I just think the guys made a mistake, and dont really want to refund for parts i dont need.
And no nuts are needed are they? Arent the rods themselves threaded?

Many thanks

Ben

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum