Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

amount of users online / bots

+2
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1amount of users online / bots Empty amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 4:33 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just noticed that we had a record number of users online last Friday 92  Shocked 
seems we get around a hundred people a day now that actually log in which is pretty good by any means

what I find strange is that on the oc, the user numbers online (active) is quite low but they get a huge amount of guests.
someone told me that all the guests are spam bots like something called baddow spiders and so forth and that these are bad things to have and that they all show up as guests so what do these things actually do?

how come they get lots of spam bots yet this site only seems to get 2 being bing and google  scratch

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 5:04 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I don't understand any of it either lol, I think this is Stu & Leightons domain  Laughing 

3amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 6:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

We only get two because i registered are site with them .... basic terms everytime we update or alter or a new post goes up google/bing  send out the bot spiders to gather the infomation and take it back to the hive so to speak .... spam spiders/bots are a bad thing because although you dont always see them actively doing anything they try harvesting things like all the email address on sites etc ...

4amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 9:01 pm

Spiders in computers?????

Who are you trying to Kidd Leighton??

5amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Your be suprised dave if you can have a mouse without any question why not a spider .... every animal has to move with the times not  just exclusive to rodents  Laughing

6amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 10:32 pm

Your a piss taking dick brain Leighton as if that's ever going to happen  scratch 

Is the next goal 100 then? If we get there by this time next week I will let everyone at the rr day slap my arse.

7amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 27th February 2014, 10:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If your waiting for my comeback dave you best go scrap it of your moms teeth  Razz  
bet your going to recruit some new members now just so you get spanked  Laughing

8amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 28th February 2014, 6:47 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

nomad wrote:If your waiting for my comeback dave you best go scrap it of your moms teeth  Razz  
bet your going to recruit some new members now just so you get spanked  Laughing

Gotta a love a Jimmy Carr comeback Laughing

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

9amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 28th February 2014, 8:13 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

One of my favourite stand up comics  Wink

10amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 28th February 2014, 11:30 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

im staying logged in constantly now then! dave will you pull your pants down so we can feel your bare arse cheeks? smooth or hairy?

11amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 11th March 2014, 2:49 pm

stevepudney

From another perspective here’s my two penneth worth:

A spider, also known as a robot (bot) or a crawler, is actually just a program that follows, or "crawls", links throughout the Internet, grabbing content from sites and adding it to search engine indexes. It was designed and is supposed to be a good useful tool to incorporate into any website, particularly ones which has content is constantly changing or being updated (like forums),  it’s a free way of “spreading the word”. But like everything these days it has been exploited, so there is a downside…but actually only a small one if you know how to use them. This list shows the breakdown of all internet use, only 7% of all the internet use is generally regarded as bad (a bit like the humans that use it I suppose).

49% real people traffic = mostly v important lol
51% non-human – bot/spider traffic = mostly v important

The breakdown of that 51% is
20% site monitoring = good
5% scrapers = web harvesting or web data extraction = good and bad
19% spy tools = good and bad
5% attempted hacking = bad
2% spammers = bad

Spiders follow links from one page to another and from one site to another. That is the primary reason why links to your site (inbound links) are so important. Links to your website from other websites will give the search engine spider more "food" to chew on. The more times they find links to your site, the more times they will stop by and visit a site. Other uses include making sure the page is still up, and that the content's topic is still the same etc. Google especially relies on its spiders to create their vast index of listings. So the older site with a larger database/more inbound links distributed across the web will usually have more spiders/bots seen crawling it at any one time.
For UK based sites, probably the most unnecessary spider to have is the Baidu spider, this is a bot of Baidu Chinese search engine, China’s equivalent to Google, but it still has it’s uses as all the spiders/bots are constantly sharing information. The most important are the Googlebot, MSNbot, and Yahoo Slurp.

As Leighton says, it’s upto the webmaster of the site, weather you take advantage of the bots/spiders, you can choose to turn most of them off (the official ones have to comply), the most "reputable" spiders will obey a directive given by the robots.txt file. This file is the txt document listed in your website’s root dir, that tells spiders what they may and may not index. You can also instruct spiders not to follow one specific link by placing other commands in the root dir, this will reduce the outgoing number of links and help you to maintain your pagerank.

So you make your decision and take your chances.

Don't mean to stick my nose in, just trying to elaborate on Leighton's explanation ...... Smile 

12amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 11th March 2014, 3:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers steve that kind of makes sense to a dumb ass such as myself lol

yep it was the baidu spiders I was referring to as I actually read up about them and was a bit confusing as to whether they were good or a mass inconvenience to a site.
I knew the bing bot and google were good just the others I was unclear about or what they did.

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13amount of users online / bots Empty Re: amount of users online / bots 11th March 2014, 3:39 pm

stevepudney

NP  Wink  not trying to tie anyone in knots lol.......the amazing statistic is that over half of ALL internet traffic is non human......busy little fuckers LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum