Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dash protection

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dash protection Empty Dash protection 17th January 2014, 2:14 am

jaypjay

jaypjay

Hey,

Ive herd there are products out there that clean interior plastics and leather that can do more harm then good.

Question is with our dashes being prone to cracking, what is a good product to clean and prolong its life ?

Personally I keep mine out of the sun with a dash mat and wipe it down with a damp cloth.

Ive even herd people using skin creams on theirs haha.

2Dash protection Empty Re: Dash protection 17th January 2014, 8:02 am

toaster55

toaster55

Not got that much of a problem in uk as there is no sun! Only rain and misery. Lol

3Dash protection Empty Re: Dash protection 17th January 2014, 8:18 am

jaypjay

jaypjay

Haha ye they dont last long over here. Im pretty fortunate to have two that have been in the garage for 10 yrs +

Been 49Âșc out west this week

4Dash protection Empty Re: Dash protection 28th March 2014, 6:49 pm

dnm

ive heard of some people spraying silicon on the dash.
i tried it and seems to work, stops the cracking.
but creates a glare on sunny days Smile

http://www.ttproducts.com/silicone-spray.html

5Dash protection Empty Re: Dash protection 28th March 2014, 7:56 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I used a turtle wax black shine product that's like a silicone based polish for plastics and rubber etc. seems to have given my car a nice shint to the interior and exterior trim and it seems to last a long time, still looks good and I haven't used any for ages

6Dash protection Empty Re: Dash protection 28th March 2014, 8:01 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

This is the product I used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turtlewax-Black-in-a-Flash-Trim-Wax-/191009397093?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I'm not sure if it will help prevent the dash from cracking but it does work well as a plastic trim shine and it leaves like a protective silicone layer on the surface you use it on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum