Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted HKS evc filters

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 5:07 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I have decide to wire up the boost controller that came with my car but was not installed. I need the little filters that go inline with the solenoid because I do not have them.

Has anybody got any of these little filters spare? or know were I can buy them from?

Cheers
Bill

2Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 7:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.sumopower.com/product/hks-4mm-evc-filter-4599-ra017
these the ones your talking about ?

3Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 9:26 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yep that's the ones, they are a bit expensive though lol can I get any cheep ass universal filters that would do the job from anywhere?

4Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 10:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is some on ebay not sure what the kind of air flow you will need to achieve from them for the evc ?

5Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 11:23 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I have heard you don't actually need the filters but HKS wouldn't of used them for nothing. I just don't fancy forking out £30 on the filters lol

6Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 11:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i saw a few threads saying the same on scoobys supras etc ...

7Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 11:43 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

That's why I was thinking a universal filter would do, providing its not restrictive and it offers some kind of protection it would do.

Those universal filters on eBay are still expensive and it dosent say what size they are, hks offer 4mm and 6mm filters.

Also I don't see the point in using 3 filters, surely you don't need a filter on the pipe going to the waste gate actuator because there is a filter before it enters the solenoid

8Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 6th January 2014, 11:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i would say the same note unless it is a restricter in some way ...

9Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 7th January 2014, 12:42 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not 100% but I don't think they are restrictors because I'm sure I have read somewhere people saying when you turn the controller off you just actuator pressure ie 0.5 bar on a stock pulsar, if they were restrictors then you would boost higher than stock actuator pressure even with the controller off.

It would be nice if I could find something nice a cheep as a suitable replacement filter, better that just not using the filters at all lol

10Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 7th January 2014, 12:58 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Slightly cheaper if you can wait .....

11Wanted HKS evc filters Empty Re: Wanted HKS evc filters 7th January 2014, 8:20 am

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

The filters are there to sport oil vapours going into the solenoid and blocking it I had a evc3 on my Scooby which didn't have any filters in on them I was just told to clean the solenoid with some brake cleaner to get rid of any oil that may be in the solenoid 
Had the boost controller on the car for 2 years without any problems just cleaned it once a year and then removed it when sold car need to install it on my r at some point

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum