Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

screen cleaners

+3
johnny gtir
buckym120
GTI-R US
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1screen cleaners Empty screen cleaners 23rd November 2013, 6:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

been hearing a lot about these new products which you polish your windscreen with which beads the rain so evidentally you could drive in heavy rain without even using your wipers!
anyone used anything like this before and if so is it any good and does it smear the screen when you do have wipers on?
just thought I might try some on my gtr now the shit weather and dark nights are in as sometimes visibility can be a real pain as im sure many of you have discovered unless you eat a lot of carrots of course Laughing 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 23rd November 2013, 6:37 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Would just be a wax coating of some sort, will have the same beading effect as body work should once polished and waxed

3screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 23rd November 2013, 6:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Rainx used to work ok. All i use is autoglym super resin polish rain just flys off somepeople say it leaves a smear straek marks  i never found this polish it off properly any glass stuff not wiped off will do that

4screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 23rd November 2013, 7:07 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Always found autoglym to be really dry and dusty.  But was a really good finish, what do you use as a top coat?

I've just used R222 wax and gives a really good finish on the bmw, bit pricey though

5screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 23rd November 2013, 7:12 pm

Ajay.

i use this one in the link,never use my wipers at all once i reach speeds to around 30mph as it just beads off so easily,defo the dogs dangleys just remember to prep the windscreen beforhand with some ipa cleaning solvent.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CarPro-FlyBy30-Rain-Repellent-Windscreen-Glass-20ml-Car-Bike-Visor-/130895170933

6screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 23rd November 2013, 7:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

buckym120 wrote:Always found autoglym to be really dry and dusty.  But was a really good finish, what do you use as a top coat?

I've just used R222 wax and gives a really good finish on the bmw, bit pricey though
I dont do the whole car just the windows with it

7screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 25th November 2013, 1:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers for the info guys il give some of the above a try as when it rains and im going down a country road at night I cant see booger all at the moment Rolling Eyes 

8screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 25th November 2013, 4:26 pm

buckym120

buckym120

This is the site I use for all my bits.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/glass-cleaners-and-sealants.html

9screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 20th December 2013, 6:33 pm

Indy

I can personally recommend car pro flyby 30 exceptionally easy to apply but prep work is vital you need to make sure ur windscreen is thoroughly cleaned and polished with preferably ceri glass and as Ajay mentioned in his earlier post along with a ipa panel wipe to remove the dust particles ( as with any job the results depend on the time and effort you spend in the prep work). The product above has a life span of approx 6-8 months it's new nano tech. Good luck and any questions are more than welcomed

10screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 20th December 2013, 7:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Are you a detailer indy ?

11screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 20th December 2013, 7:36 pm

Indy

Yes my my friend

12screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 20th December 2013, 9:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Where are you based fella ? ....

13screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 20th December 2013, 9:46 pm

Indy

I'm based in the London west area

14screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 21st December 2013, 1:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

a very good detailer too
the results ive seen on cars they have done are truly outstanding

15screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 21st December 2013, 11:48 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Rain X is the stuff you want Bob...

At night or day you can turn wipers of even in the heaviest rain... The faster you go the better it works ..

Better at night aswell..

16screen cleaners Empty Re: screen cleaners 22nd December 2013, 3:23 am

Indy

Just in response rainx is a cheap alternative which will wear off after a couple of washes, also at night you will notice a lot of glare from on coming traffic which is extremely dangerous.
Obviously depending on what budget you have and what level of perfection you would like to achieve. I only suggested the above product by carpro because BEFORE purchasing I saw the product being extensively tested, and I have also tested it on many cars with outstanding results and its not gonna break the bank which is a bonus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum