Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Japspeed top mount manifolds

+7
Gl3nnGTIR
fred05
Andy Sunny Gti
Mr B
RO_SUNNY
pulsarmoley
Scrim_R
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 5:31 am

Scrim_R

Scrim_R

Was just wondering if anyone has any past experience with these. Not sure if i have heard bad reviews in the past about japspeed's manifolds. Does anyone know if they are prone to cracking?

Nissan SR20DET Top Mount Manifold

SR20DET turbo tubular manifold.

Features:

* Made from 304 top grade stainless steel.
* Works with a T3 turbo.
* 35mm / 38mm external wastegate flange (NOT supplied).
* Mandrel bent, CNC machined flange...

£179.00
More Details »

Cheers

2Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 6:15 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I would have thought for that price its not gonna be that good. I think a decent manifold is upwards of £500?

3Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:30 am

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

They have China crap written all over them!

I am thinking in designing and fabricating a batch of GTIR manifolds.

Anyway...stay tuned for the new full 3'' stainless turbo elbow!

4Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:49 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yep they are crap, standard manifold is not bad for most peoples power goals & can be improved with little porting.
Elbow is big restriction ...
@RO_SUNNY . thought you already done manifold for GTiR. Expect a small batch would sell ok as a few people want them mainly for under bonnet looks but if price is right & quality good it not a bad thing to have.
Cheap ones are just another problem down the line & take money that should be spent else where .

5Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:58 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Janspeed or japspeed?
Don't get confused.
Janspeed are good Japspeed are crap.
I know back in 2006 there was a joint Gtir oc/ modifiers group buy on the 2 fast 2 cool stainless steel mainfolds, think they were linked to japspeed.
I know I had to re weld mine twice in 2 years then sold it on.

Here was mine.
Japspeed top mount manifolds Dsc003599tc
Looks good to begin with, that gets you good ebay feedback, then start using it running engine heat etc then the quality shows. Poor
The fact that it is so cheap means you pay for what you get.

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 1st October 2013, 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

6Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:59 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

RO_SUNNY wrote:They have China crap written all over them!

I am thinking in designing and fabricating a batch of GTIR manifolds.

Anyway...stay tuned for the new full 3'' stainless turbo elbow!
it will be good to open a dedicated post in group buy Twisted Evil or motorsport fabrication

7Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 1:48 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Waste of time japspeed parts in my opinion

8Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 4:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think they do a cast iron one iirc

9Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 4:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looked on there website i cant see it anymore maybe they stopped making it ?

10Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 5:57 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes janspeed are quality japspeed = japcrap

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 6:12 pm

lenzo

lenzo

I'm running a japspeed top mounted manifold on my beast I would say the quality is good the only problem with these are the welding is shit I redone mine when I first got it and change it a bit but apart from that it's a good base to start from iv not had a problem even with a precision 6262 on it

12Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 6:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think i remember you posting about it before lenny ....did you cut it about or just re tig the joints ?

13Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 6:34 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Nomad you told me where to get one from .. Yeah I had to cut it a bit and then re tig the joints

14Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 6:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it blame me lol .

15Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:42 pm

gtir350

I've had 2 of these, repaired one and it broke again, 2nd one the waste gate flange fell off, then I got a cast stainless top mount cost a few quid more but it's still going.

16Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Was that also from japspeed ?

17Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 7:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/nissan-pulsar-gtir-sr20-n14-cast-iron-turbo-manifold-p-668.html
Maybe it was this one i was thinking of...?

18Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 8:18 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Just found some older pictures, remember clearly now, mine was from eBay buyer 2 fast 2cool, which is japspeed. Had to weld this twice and replace the gaskets. Pure crap.

Japspeed top mount manifolds DSC00774
Japspeed top mount manifolds DSC00552
Japspeed top mount manifolds DSC00550

19Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 8:19 pm

gtir350

This one http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=545&cat_key=52&prodname=Nissan+SR20DET+Turbo+Manifold

20Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 8:34 pm

lenzo

lenzo

nomad wrote:Thats it blame me lol .
. Ha ha sorry nomad I had to blame someone Laughing 

21Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 9:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

To be fair you couldnt buy the all the bends and plate and make it yourself any cheaper Wink  
Thats alright lenny somebodys got to be there to blame when it all goes to shit Laughing

22Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 9:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its not them just cracking its the face plates to the head which are crap also.
they bend and warp under heat on the track so are really not ideal.

as mr b says the janspeed systems are different altogether with the weld quality, materials used and just look much better made.

hope yours is ok lenny perhaps your one of the lucky ones
btw fella can you pm me your phone number as need to speak to you tomorrow

23Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 9:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I couldnt find any products on janspeed website for the pulsar ?

24Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 9:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's because I believe there no longer made
there exhaust systems are very good quality, as it happens ive got one up for sale shortly with the freeflow elbow which il be listing with all the other bits I have

25Japspeed top mount manifolds Empty Re: Japspeed top mount manifolds 1st October 2013, 10:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I had one on my old rs like you say good qaulity workmanship .....thats probably why i couldnt find any info on pulsar exhausts maybe just not the demand for them to make enough money .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum