Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired

+6
johnboy
johnny gtir
gtir.chef
nomad
ROB_IOW
Andy Sunny Gti
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

As above, as long as its the version that sits nicely in front of the rad with no cutting required.

The one on eBay is too much.

Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Image_zpsc907526a
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Image_zpse3f0ee21
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Image_zps96661b15

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 7th March 2014, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

The one on ebay is a good price ..
I paid £900 iirc:roll: 

the one on ebay is mine
i know bob sold one quite cheap recently but i bet if he paid what i paid(similar price to gtir-iow) he wouldnt have sold it that cheap
i put it on just to see what interest there would be in it as im not really sure i wanted to sell it really
ive had a few offers 3 or 4 so low i didnt even bother replying to them

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

I had the pace kit above on my red car. Paid £300 for it in 2006. I would go upto £300 Rob. If interested pm me.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would of thought its just as easy to get a universal core wich is not as wide as the ebay type so you havent got the issue of trying to bend round the inner wings and make the pipework up yourself ?

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

I am now going to think about doing this. ^

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

See im not just a pretty face lol ..... thing is you can pick up universal cores for dirt cheap  so its only the pipe work wich you can also buy in lengths cheapish  wether you use ally or steel  depending on what your going to do if you got a ac welder  for ally or you use silicone joiners lots of options so no need to pay hideous amounts of money for an intercooler not unless your a brand whore of course lol

but because the way the pace fits it would be difficult to copy the set up
would be possible but may be mor expensive to do
a universal core cheap ebay type wouldnt fit infront of the radiator the same way the pace does

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

You would really struggle to copy where the pace sits.   It relocates the radiator so the radiator sits into brackets on the pace..  

I do believe the pace is the biggest front mount you can get

Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  20121113_125149

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ah right i see how it sits thanks rob ....... i still say you can source your own out cheaper ok so its not going to be as huge as the pace but you could still make it with minimal pipe run .

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

No the pace kit can be modified and possible copied.
I had my pace intercooler pipe kit modified to fit the custom intercooler.
Will get a quote to check prices. I have an intercooler I can use. Just need the pipework that does with needing to cut panels.

My old pace set up. Argh, looking closely 2 sections were cut. Evil or Very Mad 
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Dsc003607ae

My current intercooler I will possibly use and run it upside down so the pipework points up.
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  2012-09-06221137

Or maybe just find a huge rs500 intercooler similar to the pace in your post above mate.
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Image_zps59a90a41

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 28th September 2013, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Not quite the same tho is it...  :-P

Pipe run is nothing like the pace kit i have

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Pace has generation 1 & 2 kits lol

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Didn't know that

Think the difference between phase 1and 2 was that one of them came with a radiator that never got sold when people re-sold the pace front mount

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Yup..

Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Image_zpsb478e92b
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  Image_zpscd17d71d

gtir.chef

can you tell my if the intercooler would fit if you got a aftermarket rad on.
love the short pipe run

No not enough room unless its a thin aftermarket radiator

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If anything go to a proper place for example up my way is advanced radiators who says alot of what your paying for is the name but who have also tested and said get a decent core alot of the e bay ones are cheap for a reason might look ok but belive me there shit.

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Would you do a p/x on the one you have on eBay at £400. Say £280 and my apexi front mount intercooler and pipe kit?

johnboy

johnboy

With this one you get a new rad and intercooler for your £800.  Very Happy  And no holes to cut.

http://radtec.co.uk/products/299/Pulsar-GTIR-Intercooler-Kit.htm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Ouch...the days when that would be a great price, but now it seems too much.

The pace and radtec were very similar in fact so similar that they did two version each one with rad and one without and were only a few pounds different in price

Sparkie

The Norris designs inter coolers didn't require any cutting but are quite pricey& rare.

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Damm though i won this at £95.00, then all of a sudden it shot up to £155.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151157263267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_253wt_1319
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  $(KGrHqJ,!q4FE1DPDNBEBSdTHpuz1w~~60_58
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  $T2eC16d,!zUFIcUg+BY9BSdTH1CgYw~~60_58
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  $(KGrHqJ,!rIFJZcKigYsBSdTH+LCdg~~60_58

Still a good price for it though.

There is another version of a Gtir Pace intercooler too on Ebay which i prefer. but is more costly, and comes with no pipework.

Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  $(KGrHqR,!k4FJ0HKIumzBSdkepM)2g~~60_58
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  $(KGrHqJ,!pIFJVf)-pyMBSdkfYeRlg~~60_58
Wanted: Pace Front mounted intercooler kit- now acquired  $(KGrHqVHJEgFJ,QWgiJvBSdklSSI3w~~60_58

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 9th November 2013, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum