Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nissan spotlight grill

+23
RO_SUNNY
Mr B
scooby_hugh
nomad
Greygtir
lenzo
johnny gtir
pulsarmoley
toaster55
Jammin
fred05
Scoobykilla
scotty6860
ROB_IOW
Concrete-GTIR
johnboy
Whytie
GTI-R US
Digitalfaze
Scooby_killer
Andy Sunny Gti
knights of nee
Stu
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

151Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 9:36 am

No never got made
Stu666 on Facebook and gtiroc made a mould but don't think he's got around to making anymore than a few prototypes

152Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 10:13 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Time and the fact when they do make them only a select few people or they keep them for them self. Not meaning stu but so many things for these cars yet no one dose them. I wish I had the skills time or contacts. People like Phil Bracpan is a massive miss to me very good items at a very fair price. In someways where not as big as other makes of car clubs so big manufactures forget us. Plus I don't mind saying it some tight fookers own pulsars simple as

153Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 11:18 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

I'd have a go at making some but can't say they'd be very desirable! More of a melted looking mess on the car..

Shame really, I've never really taken notice over the years of all the Nismo optional extras, never really spent much time on the forums.. Wish I had of now and got some of these rarer parts.

154Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 11:39 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

There is a few of us got them but it's things like whytie lent his out for a month or two struggled to get them back sure nearly a year past before he did and no copy's were made or sold I don't think
I recon parts of these could be copied using a vacume former then moulded

155Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 11:50 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

A lad on the OC wanted me to send him my Nismo sump guard brackets for him to copy at my expense Laughing thought about it, and said no, probably would never see it again.

If one comes up for sale at some point and I have the money think I'll be interested, liking the look of them.

156Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 12:01 pm

The moulds have been made so at some stage they will get done but stu works away a lot

157Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 12:35 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Could small parts like headlight grill be done by a 3D printer ?

158Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 29th November 2015, 12:50 pm

Yes but would cost a fortune to make

159Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 1st December 2015, 8:35 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Evenin,

Any chance someone can pm me a few measurements or post up here?

I'm after the diameter of the light pods, distance between the pods and the height of the pods from front center of grill.

Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Pod%20grill_zpsh6c5kglo

Looking to try and bodge something together  Laughing

Cheers

Gaz

160Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 1st December 2015, 10:50 pm

going from what has been mentioned by those over the years who have tried making the pods getting lights the same size that nissan used may be difficult
you might be better off getting spotlights and making the moulds to match them

161Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 2nd December 2015, 12:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You should find suitable/workable size spots easy enough .
Would of been easy get 3 main parts moulded in plastic & quite cheap for a batch of 25+.
Reasonably easy make a similar pod from scratch with just a spare grill chopped up, can see mr burrows unveiling a welsh version shortly lol Smile

162Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 2nd December 2015, 12:42 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

I'm struggling with the final design of the Welsh version, can't find a spot light in the shape of a sheep Laughing

163Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 4th December 2015, 5:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Happy-sheep-smiley-emoticon

164Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 5th December 2015, 9:55 am

splmum

splmum

robd wrote:going from what has been mentioned by those over the years who have tried making the pods getting lights the same size that nissan used may be difficult
you might be better off getting spotlights and making the moulds to match them

The lenses needed to fit the original housing are made by Veleo in Belgium.
Veleo Service, 15,rue des Rosiers, 93582 Saint-Ouen Cadex-France

They are 'Optical Unit' for 'CIBIE OSCAR' (This is the 6 inch / 150mm Oscar light - NOT the 160mm or bigger ones).

Lens driving WHITE

Part Code: 067686

The COD/CE: GC157

The Bar Code #: 3276420676867

The other number (I think may be a part number) is: 67524819

Lens fog YELLOW

Part Code: 082577

COD/CE: Unknown

The Bar Code #: Unknown (but could be 3276420825777)

The other number (I think may be a part number) is: 67524241

165Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 5th December 2015, 11:36 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ man of much knowledge thumbsup

166Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 5th December 2015, 12:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh good info & not seen that mentioned before. repped ...

167Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 5th December 2015, 3:09 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

As B said, that's really good info! Cheers for that!!

168Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 5th December 2015, 10:55 pm

splmum

splmum

burrows1980 wrote:Evenin,

Any chance someone can pm me a few measurements or post up here?

I'm after the diameter of the light pods, distance between the pods and the height of the pods from front center of grill.

Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Pod%20grill_zpsh6c5kglo

Looking to try and bodge something together  Laughing

Cheers

Gaz

Some measurements that may help.

Green - top left - Lens ID = 150mm

Red - top right - Lens OD = 175mm
Mine at the external (headlight) grille base = 185mm (On the vertical this section has two (2) dimensions measuring 58mm - from the base it is vertical for 28mm and tapers to the top, the Lens OD and is 30mm long)
Correspondingly on the inside (mesh) base = 185mm (On the vertical this section has two (2) dimensions measuring 50mm - form the base it is vertical for 20mm and tapers to the top, the Lens OD and is 30mm long)
It can be seen that the mesh section in the middle is 8mm proud (the curvature of the grille) from left to right. This would be the same for the right hand side lens but from right to left.

Red - middle - Lens to Lens = 225mm (at Lens OD) and 215mm (at the Mesh section)

Green - bottom - I presume this is half section measurement, so I measured the grille length at bonnet edge = 665mm (half length = 332.5mm)

hope this helps

169Nissan spotlight grill - Page 7 Empty Re: Nissan spotlight grill 5th December 2015, 11:11 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

goodpost

Thanks a lot for this info, really appreciate it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum