Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

mreguest build with pictures

+8
Welling_AL
gtir_woody
buckym120
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
nomad
fred05
mreguest
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 24th February 2016, 10:40 pm

mreguest

mreguest

gtir_woody wrote:The jelly gtir looked awesome until it broke Laughing Nice looking garage, was that the first thing you built when you brought the house? Gotta have your priorities right Laughing

Garage was high on the agenda and given my chance would of done it first but probably was 6 months in. Had to get the cars off the road and somewhere sheltered for major tinkering Smile
We could of featured on numerous house programmes on TV for a while, homes under hammer, help my house is falling down, houses from hell, grand designs, diy sos etc Smile still a long way to go, we've been here a year and only have 2 finished rooms, kitchen + bathroom, everywhere else is crappy walls and floor boards. 1 wardrobe and living out of boxes. You think pulsars are expensive and need constant maintenance, then you buy a wonky house to live in but knowing it's a project and wowzers!

Can't wait to get the pulsar back as daily driver, it's not moved since September.

27mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 24th February 2016, 11:10 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Mate that was a cracking read! how unlucky can one person be, pmsl at the towing incident Laughing

Loving the jelly mould!

28mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 25th February 2016, 6:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

wow you been busy, enjoyed that bounce

29mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 25th February 2016, 7:33 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Least you have never given up. But please if I convoy with you to a show remind me to keep at the oppersit end of the line so I don't get crashed into lol

30mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 25th February 2016, 8:01 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nice update .... am intrested in some more info on the box's ....

31mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 25th February 2016, 9:36 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnny gtir wrote:Least you have never given up. But please if I convoy with you to a show remind me to keep at the oppersit end of the line so I don't get crashed into lol

Greta suggestion Johnny if I ever get to convoy status Ill follow you lol.

This is a great post, and Ive just figured who thi sguy is ive been following his kits on FB for while now.

Will the kits read my apexi Fc now that would be a worthy purchase Smile

32mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 25th February 2016, 4:29 pm

mreguest

mreguest

Bandyleg wrote:
johnny gtir wrote:Least you have never given up. But please if I convoy with you to a show remind me to keep at the oppersit end of the line so I don't get crashed into lol

Greta suggestion Johnny if I ever get to convoy status Ill follow you lol.

This is a great post, and Ive just figured who thi sguy is ive been following his kits on FB for while now.

Will the kits read my apexi Fc now that would be a worthy purchase Smile

Unfortunately my box thing will not connect to Apexi Power FC. They are a replacement ECU and as such I do not believe the data that comes out the ECU 14 pin diagnostic port is readable by me. This is probably why they have created the Apexi FC hand commander.

My box will work with standard ecu and nistune (including mapping). And it should work with any other piggy back ECU because the data provided through diagnostic port will (in theory) be standard Nissan OBD1 code.

I have simply combined the principles of these two devices in to one easy to use box. (Currently £50+post.)

plms USB = $95 AUS+shipping and VAT
http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/consult_if.shtml

and trackelectronics bluetooth = ~$95 AUS+ship+VAT, (I say '~$95' as at the time of writing this their website does not work...)
http://www.trackelectronics.com.au/consultbt

Early 90's nissans OBD1 with the grey 14 pin plug are all readable by my bluetooth/USB box of tricks on Android and windows, unlikely to ever be compatible with iOS...

If you see any OBD scanners that claim they can do OBD1 and OBD2 then run a mile. It is not possible they are two different languages. The error comes from some later 90's nissans had an OBD2 ecu but still had the same OBD1 grey socket in the fuse box. So you would then need an OBD2 scanner with OBD1 socket adapter.

Modern cars - 2002 petrol and 2004 diesel onwards... all had to be OBD2 compliant to meet USA and eventually European type approval. This is why you can get OBD2 scanners for £5 off ebay. They work really well on all OBD2 cars.

OBD1 data was a big free for all. No manufacturer's followed the same principles for their hardware/software, most hid it away and charged daft money to hook your car up to a computer.

Nissan's OBD1 code was fully available like 25 years ago -
http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/images_ms/Consult_Protocol_&_Commands_Issue_6.pdf
http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/images_ms/Generic_Nissan_ECU_Sensor_or_Data_register_table_Ver_2.pdf

I will write a separate thread properly some time in the next couple of days...

Cheers!

Adam

33mreguest build with pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: mreguest build with pictures 26th February 2016, 8:02 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ this sounds really interesting mate, looking forward to seeing more information

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum