Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DET/Temp sensor faults - fans always on

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DET/Temp sensor faults - fans always on Empty DET/Temp sensor faults - fans always on 28th April 2013, 6:00 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

Here's an answer to a problem that beat Bob and Lee. My GTI-R had a det sensor fault, fixed by replacing the sensor, but promptly developed a temp sensor fault (fans on from startup). Time ran out so I took it home where it then developed another recurring det sensor fault. Another trip to sunny Southend, where replacement of the inaccessible temp sensor made no difference. Both sensors had been replaced, and even another ECU was tried (the benefits of using Bob's emporium!). As I am electrically minded, I took up the challenge to find out where the possible loom fault was, and worked through it.

The ECCS_DIAGRAM.PDF circuit diagram www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir/ECCS_DIAGRAM.PDF showed that the temp and det sensor leads apparently went through a shared connector F7/E222 somewhere (or F11/E215). On the diagram http://www.gtirworkshopmanual.com/default.aspx?v=2387 the F7 connector can be found on the harness. I never did find E222!

The F7 connector lurks somewhere near the bottom front nearside end of the engine, and is hidden under the loom (see picture). It was disconnected...

It is now plugged in and my GTI-R is no longer in limp mode! Mind you, even in limp mode it was the equal of my Golf Plus TSi, which was not too shabby.
Regards, Keith
Attachments
DET/Temp sensor faults - fans always on AttachmentDetTempConnectorF7.JPG
Location of det/temp sensor loom connector F7
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(37 Kb) Downloaded 35 times

Last edited by bogstandard on 20th July 2013, 9:17 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's very strange keith as that's on the main ecu loom which does not control sensors at rear of throttle bodies (separate loom for those)
I thought that connector was the one controlling the lt ignition circuit to dizzy, coil and ign amp, incorporating injector resistance relay.

cant quite get my head round it but if it works it works
so good on you for finding an irritating electrical fault

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum