Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

fooking furious

+2
Mad4it
nomad
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fooking furious  Empty fooking furious 24th April 2013, 10:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its a long story but il try to keep it short ...... i sold my old banger last month think around the 28th of march it was a scruffy little punto i picked up as just a run around last year bought another car at christmas time so had it sitting about for a month or so then a friend of mine said a mate of mate was after a cheap shitter to get him about for a stop gap would i sell it.... with the thought of my new shell turning up i said yes as i only have 2 parking spaces and would have 4 cars i wanted to get shot of it quick so sold it to him for a couple hundred as i wasnt to worried about the money more the space he turned up with my friend to pick it up i filled out the v5 got him to sign it ... where i was rushing about with everything i didnt do a reciept ... thought oh well its a mate of a mate should be alright .... as i have a traders policy i swap cars too and throw all the time and totaly forgot i hadnt taken it off till the other day and sent an email requesting to take it off 12th april ..... yesterday i got a phone call from my insurance company phoned me at work and said im ringing up about an incident on the 9th of april wich i was totally confused and asked for what car wich he said the punto so i told him i no longer have that vehicle i sold it before that date .... he said to me i have to prove that i wasnt the owner at the time and if i havent got a sales reciept then im liable ive said that i havnt got one but i will contact dvla to clarify sale of transfer wich i have and dvla being ever so helpful said i have to fill out a v888 form to obtain a copy wich will cost me and will take 4-6 weeks if they see my request warrants them to give me the imformation or not as its a privacy record wich they dont have to share ..... i spoke to my friend who has now fell out with the new owner so im left out high and dry and could have to pay out atleast £1000 excess wich i dont have ... anyone else been in a similar situation and what did you do to clear your name ?

2fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 24th April 2013, 10:33 pm

Mad4it

Mad4it

That sucks.

I would say it is upto the insurance company to prove you owned the vehicle at the time, not the other way.

Ask your friend to draw up a letter backing your story and send it off to them.

They are just trying it on with scare tactics.

Good luck

3fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 24th April 2013, 10:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldnt mind so much but its my insurance company and they are meant to be on my side scratch .

4fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 24th April 2013, 11:15 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Surely your have your friend as a witness. Friends or not any more i'd still be on the blower to him

5fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 9:13 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thgats just ludicrous
they cant do anything if hes filled out logbook with his name, addy and signed it, that's proof in itself of the sale.

did you send the logbook off or did you give him the logbook to send off?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 9:35 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I got him to sign it and i sent it off bob along with the shell logbook at that time so technicly i should be alright but not according to my insurance company put me in a right pissed off mood . Evil or Very Mad

7fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 10:25 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

phone insurance company and tell them to check with dvla and they will see that cars been sold on the date specified.

the problem is if you have a traders policy your supposed to notify the mid database everytime you add or remove a vehicle from the policy so if you have not already done so then do it now, these are independent from insurance company the database supplies info to police and insurance companies as to what vehicles are insured with who ever!

but don't worry about it they cant nick you just say you were away on holiday and only just arrived back so amending records at earliest convenience.

8fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 11:57 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cheers bob ive never heard of the mid database thing .... will this still apply as im not a car dealer and the cars i have registerd are personal... not trade i got my traders purely for picking up and dropping off after id done work on them .?

9fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 12:13 pm

johnboy

johnboy

I had a similar problem a few years ago when I sold an old Fiesta. A couple of days after selling the Police came round and said they had found my car abandoned in a ditch - what was I doing about it...
I told them I'd sold it and showed them the DVLA form which I hadn't got round to sending off and they just made a note of the blokes name and went off. I never heard any more so they just sorted it all out.
As Bob said I'm sure the DVLA will confirm the date and then the insurance company will leave you alone... Good Luck.

10fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 12:42 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

nomad29 wrote:Cheers bob ive never heard of the mid database thing .... will this still apply as im not a car dealer and the cars i have registerd are personal... not trade i got my traders purely for picking up and dropping off after id done work on them .?

yes if its a traders policy you definitely need to keep the mid database informed of every car you buy or sell which you do not want on policy

I know as ive been bollocked a few times of not informing them myself lol
heres there number as funnily enough I need to contact them myself lol
0845 1652888

11fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 5:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Right quick update just off the phone to my insurance company and he said i should be alright in the sense he checked this hpi thing and it comes up that a transfer was done on the car 28th march to new owner and all i have to do is get the proof from dvla v888 form wich i have to pay for but its got to be better than being stiffed for it .... big thanks bob as i did the register thing to be on the safe side Wink

12fooking furious  Empty Re: fooking furious 25th April 2013, 10:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

insurance companies dont care who they shaft if they can get out of paying out only time there really yours and on your side is when there taking the money from your bank account

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum