Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars

+2
gtir_woody
Welling_AL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 25th May 2017, 10:53 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Just returned from a holiday in the good old US of A.....
Was based in San Diego as have family there but also went Hawaii and a few other places.
Took the opportunity to hire a few cars so thought it would be a great chance to upgrade to a few cars I've never driven before.
Thought id stick up a couple of pics and a brief review:

1st Car - Camaro RS convertible

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars <a href=Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0018" />

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0006

Really nice car to drive - pretty quick off the line - better in sports mode - loved the layout and quality of the interior & function of the roof and generally a great head turner

2nd Car - Mustang convertible

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0021

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0008

Pretty average this one - didn't set my world on fire - nice to look at from the outside but didn't have much grunt and the overall build quality/finish was cheap and poor - great to have driven it for a few days but would go for the Camaro over the Stang if i got another convertible

3rd Car - Dodge Charger

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0019

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0012

Out of the 3 this was my favourite to drive - maybe not as pleasing to the eye but it was definitely the quickest and most fun - when you stamped on the go peddle it screamed into life and let everyone around you know you were coming fast - interior was amazing - big touch screen that paired with your phone for all voice activated media - maps - music etc - im not used to anything like that so was loving all the gadgets. Would defo recommend one of these !
Next time i want the Challenger - they look mean !

2Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 25th May 2017, 6:53 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Even before I read the whole post, I was thinking the favourite would be the dodge, they are a mean looking car. Did you get up to much else on your travels?

3Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 30th May 2017, 7:59 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

The Dodge was an awesome car - would defo ask for one again - although cost the most to hire as well - guy at Alamo said they are the most requested so hold a premium !
Went to Vegas for a few days and spent a few days driving up the Californian coast line stopping at La Jolla, Torrey Pines, Del Mar - some lovely beaches along the coast.
Hawaii was the best part of the hoilday - that is where we had the Mustang. Stayed on O'aho and drove the whole island across a couple of days - you cant open up much so roof down cruising was the way forward !

4Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 30th May 2017, 8:03 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks awesome, sounds like it would have been an unreal time Smile

5Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 27th March 2018, 11:21 am

DC313

DC313

Dodge would be my car of choice to! love the new challanger, it's on my car list but dont know if it will ever happen.

6Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 27th March 2018, 12:36 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

I'll 100% be hiring a challenger next time I'm in the States.
Not sure what else to try - probably a Corvette - apart from that I've hired most of the mainstream cars that the big hire companies offer already.
Saying that.... if you have the $$$$'s you can hire anything when in Vegas so might go exotic if i hit a big win ! Twisted Evil

7Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 28th March 2018, 5:17 pm

mreguest

mreguest

Brilliant!

I had a Mustang GT convertible for 24 hours when I was in Vegas. Autobox unfortunately, but 440bhp was pretty fast once it figured out what you wanted to do and what gear was required... Autobox does 13.5sec 1/4 mile. Manual Gearbox does 11.. second 1/4 mile. Needless to say the auto gearbox was rubbish.

But when you stamped on the loud pedal, and counted to 3, all hell broke loose. Properly fast from like 40-120mph.

The traction control was good to the point I could pedal to the metal out of a junction, the engine would howl, back end would squeal and swing out, then traction control took over and lined me up perfectly, I looked like a legend but had the skills of a 'L' plater Smile

The dashboard had 'Track apps' which enabled you to set up challenges like 1/4 mile, 0-60, 0-100, etc, used the cars GPS and OBD to figure it out... Best 0-60 I pulled off was 5.7sec (manual does 4.4 I think). My 1/4s were 14-14.5 seconds. Standard pulsar is quicker standing start 0-60 and 1/4 mile, but the acceleration in each gear once you are moving was mega. Went out in to the desert to burn some rubber. Wife hated me using track apps but I was highly amused. 50-100mph it really moves, especially in a 50 zone Smile

Also had the pleasure of being a passenger in a Nascar for a few laps around in circles. Looked boring from the side watching others go round as you have no point of reference but believe me when you are inside it "hawls ass, yeehaa!"

And we saw Bigfoot!

The hire place we got the GT from had lambos, ferraris etc but the insurance excess was too scary high. At least the Mustang, Dodge etc are relatively cheap.

We had a modern Sentra last time we visited USA but that was plain boring. Hired it because it was a cheap Nissan...

Pics:
Mustang:
Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 40367098594_8f3a5acda4mustang by , on Flickr

I have some much better photos somewhere in the desert but you get the gist...

Nascar:
Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 15257668715_1a5ddfa234_z2014-06-14-1389 by , on Flickr

Bigfoot:
Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 15071124917_535b852e69_zbigfoot 5 by , on Flickr

wife + bigfoot:
Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 15257277612_5cd2a39882_z2014-06-15-1405 by , on Flickr

Sentra:
Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 15071000580_4a2ca21b0b_z2014-06-08-1303 by , on Flickr

Maybe an old classic next time, like some kind of massive 60's Cadillac convertible barge or an old school Corvette Smile

8Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 28th March 2018, 6:16 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Welling_AL wrote:Just returned from a holiday in the good old US of A.....
Was based in San Diego as have family there but also went Hawaii and a few other places.
Took the opportunity to hire a few cars so thought it would be a great chance to upgrade to a few cars I've never driven before.

Sampled Some American Muscle Cars <a href=Sampled Some American Muscle Cars IMG-20170523-WA0018" />

Really nice car to drive - pretty quick off the line - better in sports mode - loved the layout and quality of the interior & function of the roof and generally a great head turner

Pretty average this one - didn't set my world on fire - nice to look at from the outside but didn't have much grunt and the overall build quality/finish was cheap and poor - great to have driven it for a few days but would go for the Camaro over the Stang if i got another convertible

3rd Car - Dodge Charger

Out of the 3 this was my favourite to drive - maybe not as pleasing to the eye but it was definitely the quickest and most fun - when you stamped on the go peddle it screamed into life and let everyone around you know you were coming fast - interior was amazing - big touch screen that paired with your phone for all voice activated media - maps - music etc - im not used to anything like that so was loving all the gadgets. Would defo recommend one of these !

My wife drives a 2014 Hellcat 6 speed Smile

9Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 28th March 2018, 10:20 pm

shroom

shroom

Ryaneg6freak wrote:
Welling_AL wrote:Just returned from a holiday in the good old US of A.....

3rd Car - Dodge Charger

My wife drives a 2014 Hellcat 6 speed Smile

My other half drives a 90bhp Corsa lmao wish I could get her in something 200bhp let alone a hellcat Jesus she would kill multiple people in it!

10Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 29th March 2018, 6:46 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

That was the agreement, If I got to have an R32, she got to have a Hellcat. It's fast and really fun to drive....in a straight line. I don't much care for it to be honest, it's heavy, handles like a brick with wheels and will absolutely liquefy the very expensive tires if you're not careful with the go pedal. As it is now I have to put rear tires on it about every 4-6 months.

I'm trying to convince her to trade it in for the new Demon. She works for Dodge so she gets a 20% employee discount.

11Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 29th March 2018, 2:00 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

mreguest wrote:Brilliant!

I had a Mustang GT convertible for 24 hours when I was in Vegas. Autobox unfortunately, but 440bhp was pretty fast once it figured out what you wanted to do and what gear was required... Autobox does 13.5sec 1/4 mile. Manual Gearbox does 11.. second 1/4 mile. Needless to say the auto gearbox was rubbish.

But when you stamped on the loud pedal, and counted to 3, all hell broke loose. Properly fast from like 40-120mph.

The traction control was good to the point I could pedal to the metal out of a junction, the engine would howl, back end would squeal and swing out, then traction control took over and lined me up perfectly, I looked like a legend but had the skills of a 'L' plater Smile

The dashboard had 'Track apps' which enabled you to set up challenges like 1/4 mile, 0-60, 0-100, etc, used the cars GPS and OBD to figure it out... Best 0-60 I pulled off was 5.7sec (manual does 4.4 I think). My 1/4s were 14-14.5 seconds. Standard pulsar is quicker standing start 0-60 and 1/4 mile, but the acceleration in each gear once you are moving was mega. Went out in to the desert to burn some rubber. Wife hated me using track apps but I was highly amused. 50-100mph it really moves, especially in a 50 zone Smile

Also had the pleasure of being a passenger in a Nascar for a few laps around in circles. Looked boring from the side watching others go round as you have no point of reference but believe me when you are inside it "hawls ass, yeehaa!"

Love it ! You get what you can from the hire companies but it would be rude not to give them hell while you have the chance !!

I did the Nascar experience one year in Vegas also (i try to go most years) and LOVED it !
Was tempted to drive it myself but when i found out you were limited to 120mph i opted for the passenger laps instead where it's more around the 170-180mph mark
I payed extra to increase the number of laps - it was epic !

12Sampled Some American Muscle Cars Empty Re: Sampled Some American Muscle Cars 29th March 2018, 2:02 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Ryaneg6freak wrote:That was the agreement, If I got to have an R32, she got to have a Hellcat.  It's fast and really fun to drive....in a straight line.  I don't much care for it to be honest, it's heavy, handles like a brick with wheels and will absolutely liquefy the very expensive tires if you're not careful with the go pedal.  As it is now I have to put rear tires on it about every 4-6 months.

I'm trying to convince her to trade it in for the new Demon. She works for Dodge so she gets a 20% employee discount.

Your wife is a very lucky lady !
Working for Dodge is cool..... driving a Hellcat is cool as fuck !
Certainly can't get them from the main stream hire firms lol
Feeling the tire issue but hey-ho part of the fun of owning/driving an animal !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum