Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jobs hobbys pets sports

+10
splmum
Cosmic73
shroom
nomad
Gostek
Stu
mike74
gtir_woody
ROB_IOW
johnny gtir
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 3rd December 2016, 5:06 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:I have been in the Business Banking field for 10 years, working at the various banks Barclays, HSBC, and Natwest.
Used that time and experience to help set up my wife's own business.
She runs a nail and beauty salon.
Got a boy who will be 5 in March.
Now I work as a Business Manager for Ford retail. 3 years doing that.
Little things on the side, do the account and management side of things for the wife's business, gym at least 3 times a week, 5aside football once a week.
Love to keep fit and healthy.
Buy and sell items worldwide as a side hobby, car related mainly Nissan Sunny/ Pulsar etc..

P.s yes Stu have noticed your EBay printing business has taken off, well done. Individual clothing or something like that.
Do share your experience and rise to fame with that lol

I didnt realise you had come out of banking Andy.
If you have been doing the new role for 3 years it must have been the right move Wink

Yeah individual clothing mate Smile
I had been buying stickers and club clothing from suppliers for years.
I needed a job and working from home is what I really wanted to do.
Had been thinking of setting up for a few years as a side line but couldn't afford the equipment...
Sold a few car parts and bought my first few machines and just started advertising things here and there and slowly grew over the last 6 months.
Theres no science behind it! Just need to find what sells and keep making it to sell lol
I have sold over 1000 items in the last 60 days so it's stepped up a gear.
Saved enough funds to buy other machines as I have gone along so now I have quite a nice setup.
Made contacts along the way too so get good deals on materials.
I have out grown my living room now tho haha good job I'm single!
Thinking of buying a summer house and insulating it to make it a work shop.
I have a few more machines that I want to complete the setup and then I can make pretty much everything and anything Smile
I keep prices low and post things out within 2 days so it keeps people happy.
Just started advertising on facebook too so that gets around the globe.
Just need to look at setting up an Internet shop now so I can cut out the ebay and paypal charges.

27Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 3rd December 2016, 7:05 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ sounds good stu .
summer house sounds sensible idea and cost effective, insulated and skinned inside with tempered hardboard or similar should keep it cozy enough with a little heater through winter. Would give space and division that sometimes needed as when fully in house you kind of start falling over yourself and can't fully stop being on the job.
Working from home or at least self employed is way forward really if can pull it off, working for companies sucks lol .

28Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 3rd December 2016, 11:43 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Mr B wrote:^ sounds good stu .
summer house sounds sensible idea and cost effective, insulated and skinned inside with tempered hardboard or similar should keep it cozy enough with a little heater through winter. Would give space and division that sometimes needed as when fully in house you kind of start falling over yourself and can't fully stop being on the job.
Working from home or at least self employed is way forward really if can pull it off, working for companies sucks lol .

thanks B,

i was thinking of insulating it wiuth that hard foam that has silver foil on.
i have a decent heater to use and a retro ghetto blaster lol
im working 12 hours a day atm so as you say, it would be a way of detatching from it all.
my liviung room is full of stock, printers, heat presses and vinyl cutters lol
And iu have started to fill the kitchen now.
it definitely beats being employed by a company Smile

29Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 4th December 2016, 7:33 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

should be easy pack foam between the vertical frame posts, should work well, yanks do a lot of buildings similar in very low temps.
I know what it like when using house as my wife has a mobile accessory shop and house full of stock and packing plus some extra QC and charger testing etc. Looking at the stuff day in and out gets on your tits eventually, having it mainly in 1 work area where can shut door and walk away is way better .
Must be great being so flexible on exact working hours and getting full reward of hard work put in. Would be great too just strolling to you summer house shop rather than commuting for an hour or 2 daily .

30Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 4th December 2016, 12:49 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

i work in an office and do flexible hours and work from home too. I only really go in to attend meetings etc.
Because its a US firm whose managers dont get up till 1pm UK time, i can take my youngest to school, and have an easy morning, go for a run etc. In the afternoon it gets busy as the US managers are all up and i work on into the early evening. It works out really well for me and for them.
Very Happy

31Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 4th December 2016, 5:12 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Haha, Stu you copied my postcard design...lol

32Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 4th December 2016, 5:37 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I'm a horticultural engineer for the biggest agricultural dealer in the uk. Been at it for over 14 years fixing things from small mowers, quads, golf buggies, disability vehicles up to small tractors. Recently applied for another job so fingers crossed.
Hobbies are now spending time working on a boat I have recently purchased, getting out on the bike and of course trying to restore the R.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

33Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 4th December 2016, 10:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Haha, Stu you copied my postcard design...lol
I didnt know it was your design Andy. Thought you picked them up from Japan?
I made it up using images off google.
And have just used random gtir rally images.

I thought yours was a genuine postcard.
Wasnt going to use an image you were selling for obvious reasons...

34Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 4th December 2016, 10:28 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Mr B wrote:should be easy pack foam between the vertical frame posts, should work well, yanks do a lot of buildings similar in very low temps.
I know what it like when using house as my wife has a mobile accessory shop and house full of stock and packing plus some extra QC and charger testing etc. Looking at the stuff day in and out gets on your tits eventually, having it mainly in 1 work area where can shut door and walk away is way better .
Must be great being so flexible on exact working hours and getting full reward of hard work put in. Would be great too just strolling to you summer house shop rather than commuting for an hour or 2 daily .
Yeah it will be so much easier having it out of the way. At the moment im doing 12 hours a day on it tho so not sure how that will work out lol
Gonna buy a summer house this week and work on insulating it over the next couple of weeks and then move everything in there after xmas once the xmas rush has subsided lol
Bet you do get sick of seeing all the stock in your house lol

35Jobs hobbys pets sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobs hobbys pets sports 5th December 2016, 10:25 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Haha, no probs Stu. It was a genuine one but got it changed from the makers for the English market. They made a one off run of 20 for me. All sold now anyway so not to worry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum