Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As I said I would this is my new toy :)

+11
splmum
johnny gtir
shroom
Stu
Cosmic73
Spark plug spike
Mr B
PartyPete
pulsarmoley
gtir_woody
ROB_IOW
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 16th February 2016, 1:19 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

My missing Jigsaw turned up today! In reality my Engine had no chance of life the poor thing lol

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 20160210

Hopefully fingers crossed tonight I will be able to follow and chase all the vac pipes making sure that they are all A1 and in the correct places, then I will work on figuring out how on earth I wire this lot in.. It seems pretty straight forward as most of it is plug and play and I really only have 3 electrical wires to plum in.

102As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 17th February 2016, 7:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How you getting on with your jigsaw puzzle .... its not to difficult in fitting so fingers crossed it goes smoothly ...

103As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 17th February 2016, 8:30 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

It pissed it down last night and tonight I've moved my old engine from the boot of the other car and sorted that out, tomorrow I'm building bloody wardrobes. So I've not started yet, but I'm printing off the vac pipes diagrams tomorrow and I want to trace and make sure they are all as they should be. Once that's done I will start this bit and then look at replacing the upgrade bits back in try her again.
I'm away up Scotland to look at a gay Honda dc5 with a mate on Saturday so at this rate it's going to be Sunday before I even get look in Sad

104As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 21st February 2016, 6:48 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I got my ass outside this morning and did the vac pipes, I had got one wrong.. anyway long story short it's now running nicely, still on standard maf injectors and Ecu.
Resolved my power steering issue with the hydraulic pressure fitting. Works a treat and no leaking. I'm hoping to get time this week to put the uprated bits back in and try and try again.

105As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 21st February 2016, 9:22 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Nice one, ill be going through the same as you in about a month so this all helps keep me straight,
Very Happy

106As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 21st February 2016, 10:47 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Definitely print the bloody diagrams, I had my lad on stand by keeping a hold of the printouts to stop them flying away lol.

Not a difficult job but it could easy go wrong, I had to double and triple check them.

107As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 21st February 2016, 11:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Glad to hear its all good ... should make the next step easier now ... well done Wink

108As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 3:13 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Thanks Nomad, To be honest im worried!! I kinda think that somethings broken, just by how easy it started with standard equipment back in. MAf shouldn't make a shit bit of difference apparently, Injectors... Maybe run rough if they were a little faulty... Kind of only leaves one thing.... ECU Sad So I am tempted to get it tested before I even start messing again.

109As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 6:21 pm

shroom

shroom

Well its free to try it again so do that before forking out to have ecu checked. Good work on the rest of it you are getting there. Really you should have just stuck to just buying the engine and turn boost up to 1 bar and you would be 300bhp and flying about happy as larry haha

110As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 7:36 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

shroom wrote:Well its free to try it again so do that before forking out to have ecu checked. Good work on the rest of it you are getting there. Really you should have just stuck to just buying the engine and turn boost up to 1 bar and you would be 300bhp and flying about happy as larry haha

Lol hindsight is always a pain but then ive never been one to do things the easy route.. I also wanted to build something that would be reliable and not pushing the limits of stock components, but yes you are right it is free to try so it should really be the proffered option to try them before I get the ECU checked. Smile

Im just sat down this evening making sure I know how to connect this boost controller up correctly and that im not missing anything that may need tweaking.. wiring wise and so on before I connect it all up.

111As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 9:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

300 bhp is for girls and old people. (Maybe as the old people have sense and realise it's reliable) but the rest are just scared if your R dose not cost you a fortune and frighten the shit out of you both everytime you turn the key or plant your right foot then your doing something wrong lol

112As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 10:42 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah maybe your right im just jelous. Now I will go back under my rock and cry over my 0.7 bar of boost and 260 rubbish bhp Crying or Very sad

113As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 10:48 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Lol you can sit their and snigger knowing my 440bhp is still out of range as I don't think the boost controller will make shit of difference, it's a manual one and shows no sign of connecting to the ecu!!

Their their shroom no need to cry Very Happy
So it now leaves me only a short list of options... map sensor harness.. is a possibility... I'm still trying to get my head around what is or could be missing. Or the wiring in the pulsar needs tweaking to match the ecu.. After research the s14s and so on the run the sr20 need to be tweaked and I'm sure I saw a post suggesting it for the pulsar but nothing conclusive.

114As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 10:59 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah isnt it a blitz one too? Wouldnt you need the apexi boost solenoid or something I did think from the pic you posted but didnt want to snigger.

115As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 11:01 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Yeah I was hoping it had been mapped and plugged in lol
Thanks for the helpful update Smile am am I right in thinking a map sensor essentially serves the same purpose as a maf? Aka the pulsar has a maf and some cars have a map

116As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 11:02 pm

shroom

shroom

From the years on the forums the power FC was done through a company called AP engineering never known anyone say before you have to have the specific boost solenoid or hand commander and definately not altering and wiring etc as they come with the stock map so plug and play until you map it.

117As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 11:07 pm

shroom

shroom

Is your the power fc or power fc pro

118As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 22nd February 2016, 11:09 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

It's bloody strange, the car runs when put back to stock, it it just doesn't make any sense lol I've had the ecu lid off and their is no smelling of anything burnt or popped or a diode giving out but I'm gonna have to just sick it and see lol

Mine is just an fc or it certainly doesn't say pro on it.

119As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 2:09 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Well I think this car is sent to try my patience and push my limits! Walked outside yesterday to look at the car and decide how to mount my dam boost controller and turbo timer as I dont want it just hanging around. I looked at the floor and oh look a river of oil!!! Gets under the car.. has a good look around and wo and behold the sump is wheeping from the gasket. So have a guess what ill be doing this weekend...

Ive ordered some Fuchs 10-15 pro s, ive alos just purchased a new battery as the one in it is W@&k, so whilst the sump is off I may as well perform a little tidying up seen as it has light rust patches.

I will upload some pics I promise Smile

120As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 2:14 pm

shroom

shroom

Shouldnt be too bad to fix dude. Also maybe get some cheap oil to pop in it after you have sorted the sump and check ot for any leaks for a few miles then drop and fill qith good stuff (hope you mean 10 50 not 15 lol) as loosing the fuchs stuff will be expensive!

121As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 3:48 pm

As I mentioned to you on Facebook Anthony the apexi boost module is only needed if you map your car that way or you want to read the boost on the hand controller
You don't need it to increase boost a normal boost controller will do that

122As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 4:58 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Yup I know but and its a big but... I was chatting to stu the other day as he has the old shell with loom and look here what turned up...

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 12782410

So I spoke to the guy I bought the engine from and aksed him if he knew what they were for... he said yes an AFC? but it shouldnt make any difference...

His words not mine.. Now I dont know yet what an AFC is but im sure if they were connected it should still be connected..

123As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 5:07 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

shroom wrote:Shouldnt be too bad to fix dude. Also maybe get some cheap oil to pop in it after you have sorted the sump and check ot for any leaks for a few miles then drop and fill qith good stuff (hope you mean 10 50 not 15 lol) as loosing the fuchs stuff will be expensive!

lol yes 10-50 Smile

and nah its not a bad job its just chilly outside of my nice warm office Smile

124As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 5:18 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Bandyleg wrote:Yup I know but and its a big but... I was chatting to stu the other day as he has the old shell with loom and look here what turned up...

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 12782410

So I spoke to the guy I bought the engine from and aksed him if he knew what they were for... he said yes an AFC? but it shouldnt make any difference...

His words not mine.. Now I dont know yet what an AFC is but im sure if they were connected it should still be connected..

Just adding to this.. here is what was attached to the other side of thoise loose wires..

As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 12788410

Apparently a martin from here purchased it so if your around and dont want give your name away then drop me a pm with model number please

125As I said I would this is my new toy :)  - Page 5 Empty Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) 25th February 2016, 6:23 pm

shroom

shroom

Whats that, an apexi afc neo, hopefully he was juat using it to monitor the car and not alter anything as it can be used to map the car itself. So it had the Neo and the Power FC on at the same time who knows what was done lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum