Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everyone who uses forum important

+14
Petelesta
ROB_IOW
Mr B
pulsarmoley
shroom
GTI-R US
Daniel232006
Stu
nomad
FPSChris
gtir_woody
Digitalfaze
Welling_AL
johnny gtir
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 7:10 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Right this EVERYONE I truley am wanting as many responses as possible. This club has a great team and a lot of things going on some behind the scenes which will no doubt when the time is right appear for people to join in and enjoy and a lot of hard work and time goes into it

I am looking for any but also the people who mainly read posts only please make this thread the one time you post. 
As a club every member and there opinions matter we have a great team as said so let's hear any idea no matter how big or small no idea is stupid

Already sorted and have a team but 
events
Merchandise (what would interest you)
Anyway you feel the forum could improve or keep going forward and build on its great success 
Meets 
I personally would like to thank all non uk members great to see and hear your ideas progress on here
Any problems with anything 
Anything at all remember mainly R's. But anything with a engine goes 
I probably speak for us all we want this place to be buzzing and full of info and continue to grow worldwide
Every member is valid in making this the great place it is so as above or any other suggestions welcome. 
Things take a long time to sort/organise so sooner we hear from you we can get the right people for the job onto it after all is winter and unless you have a nice warm garage to work in the forum is the only other place to be  or maybe a bar lol
If for any reason you don't want to post here feel free to pm me and I will sort it

2Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 8:50 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Johnny - i'll get things started !
Completely agree with everything you have put above !
The people running / helping to run this forum and all the elements that keep this club going deserve much credit and appreciation.
I try to log on most days to keep an eye on posts and maintain my learning curve.
The knowlegde and experience shared on here is brilliant !

As for ideas - i have one to share - not sure how easy this would be to organise and ultimately it would mean people sharing their own personal time but how about....
Owners Workshop Meets
The idea is simple but could help people like myself and others learn basic mechanical skills - maintainance etc.

I've owned my car for many years and feel i know how it works - but my mechanical skill and experience is quite limited and jobs i think i can do in my mind i often put off or dont do due to not knowing what im doing and no confidence i can do it properly.

I guess this would have to be a regional thing - but if members felt they had the room to host something - invite other members to come watch / help if they were changing breaks or removing a turbo or whatever it could be a chance for others to learn something.

I've not really put any thought into this - just an idea off the cuff - but as you said - any idea welcome so there is mine.

AL.

3Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 9:12 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

I dont really do much behind the scenes as the other guys seem to get everything sorted but if you guys have any ideas on making the site look better ill get cracking with it, anything that can be designed i can design Cool

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

4Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 9:30 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Guys, big congrats to everyone who is involved in keeping this site running. I was never a huge forum person until I started using this site but found it so easy to talk to people on here and not having to worry about nazi's or over the top rules.

It makes me jealous the amount of meets you guys organise and its certainly an achievement for quite a small club in comparison to others.

I think that moving forwards maybe the forum needs a little more structure around the sections to make topics a little easier to find. Its been spoken to death but the search function would help alot with it that. The only other thing is I know theres alot of great information buried in threads but can be difficult to trace back because of the thread titles.

Im more than happy to put my hand to contribute in any way possible to the club. All in all this is a great forum thumbsup

5Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 10:21 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Digitalfaze wrote:I dont really do much behind the scenes as the other guys seem to get everything sorted but if you guys have any ideas on making the site look better ill get cracking with it, anything that can be designed i can design Cool
Yea but your there to help with the site when needed so without knowing it your a massive help

6Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 10:25 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

gtir_woody wrote:Guys, big congrats to everyone who is involved in keeping this site running. I was never a huge forum person until I started using this site but found it so easy to talk to people on here and not having to worry about nazi's or over the top rules.

It makes me jealous the amount of meets you guys organise and its certainly an achievement for quite a small club in comparison to others.

I think that moving forwards maybe the forum needs a little more structure around the sections to make topics a little easier to find. Its been spoken to death but the search function would help alot with it that. The only other thing is I know theres alot of great information buried in threads but can be difficult to trace back because of the thread titles.

Im more than happy to put my hand to contribute in any way possible to the club. All in all this is a great forum thumbsup
Your an example of non uk resident that makes this a great club to be involved with your project thread is a great read. Anything members give even random banter pictures all help. Now am I reading this wrong or are we all heading to your place for a big bbq meet ?

7Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 11:49 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

The mobile forum is questionable.
I can't view/send PMs nor can I get back to mobile if I switch to full unless I clear cache

I know it's a BB thing but if you can do anything, I'll be happy. Or if you need a hand I'm happy to help

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

8Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 1:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I use classic view from my mobile as is much better than the watered down version of mobile site ....

9Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 1:50 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Yeah the mobile site isnt much use. I too use classic.
Forumotion havent updated the function since they made it.
Hopefully in time they will advance it.
To say we are a newish club. We have achieved loads in our short time.
This is thanks to a great member base and great team behind the scenes.
We will keep moving forward with the club and i feel the reason we are doing so well is because everyone looks out for everyone else.
Hopefully the new plans we have started on behind the scenes will go well and keep everyone interested over winter.
Im sure the things we have planned and the things that will come along for next years show season will keep the club going strong and probably make it grow Smile
Unfortunately we cant do anything about the search function Sad forumotion haven't made it so we can edit the settings...
Keep the ideas coming everyone.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

10Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 1:55 pm

Daniel232006

Once my Cars back on the road the more meets and events the better for me:O)

11Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 4:42 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Although its basically my forum it just would not exist without all the help from the guys behind the scenes and 'You' the members that frequent it, so in short its you's that keep it alive and kicking.

I dont get on here much now due to work and other commitments but try to pop on here most days even if its at sillyoclock in the morning lol

The things I would say could do with addressing other than those above are as follows:

Maybe a slight revamp of the forum as think weve been going for 3 years now, stuff like a new Header banner for starters (thoughts on that)?

Before you click on a post would be good to see a snippet box come up so you can decide whether you want to read it or not.

Sections need structure as someone has already said.......basically theres a problem page, help and advice page plus others of a similar nature, these need either all putting into one section with sub headings such as engine, gearbox, electrics, cooling etc etc
Then for those that want to search so9mething it will be far easier to find rather than looking in all different sections for an answer to your problem.

Rasheen section  geek As a fair few buying these now and there are differences to the pulsar with regard to electrics and other bits so anything that someone learns or finds out will be invaluable to help others who purchase one

Maybe a Sunny gti, 1.4, 1.8, 2.0 section would also be helpful

I have not mentioned anything yet to admin / mods on here but may possibly be opening the forum up a little further in regards to the motorsport side of things but will discuss this with the guys first as soon as I get a bit more time.

I will also be organising a race series (mini time attack) for next year 'Tots motorsport challenge cup' and were looking at having around 30 entrants with 6 events throughout the year across the country.
A reasonably large cash prize to the outright winner with smaller cash prizes and & trophies awarded to top 3.ore will follow with this very shortly will be doing a New thread for those interested but places will be limited as we already have close to 20 entrants already.

Can see a really bright and positive future with the motorsport club and unlike other such clubs that charge or ask their members for donations to keep them going with costs well in excess of £1000 a year, or threaten their members with closure Suspect
we do no such thing as I fund everything for this club myself for no financial gain and I for one can tell you costs to run it aren't a quarter of that Rolling Eyes
All we ask in return is that members help each other out 'where ever possible' just as you've all been doing, & that you do your best to participate in as many club events as possible, so then it makes the club one big happy family 'an enthusiasts club' where you can trust on others around you and have a fooking good laugh too of course, which has been the case this year (now we have ditched the dead wood)

Take it from me guys next year will be even better still, some of the stuff the guys have planned behind the scenes is very good and I give them 100% respect for their combined commitment and determination in making this place bigger and better as every year passes, we will be up to a 1000+ members next year which are all genuine, so all in all minus some that have moved on to pastures new we currently have around 600 active at the moment which is damned good considering it all started as a sub forum on my Gti-r-us website, many are still on here even after moving on from the gtir which says something for the club as a whole..
Keep up the good work guys and keep the comments coming be it good or bad  british

Last edited by GTI-R US on 27th October 2015, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 5:00 pm

shroom

shroom

Just dropping this in, could we move from phpbb? I think a fresher look, mobile view, and search options are really important.

Also it would be useful if problems which are solved are stickied or wikied so we can keep them for later reference. Classic example was the rear fog light we all knew there were posts but couldnt find them.

There are lots of other open source forum sofware which may offer a fresher feel? I'm no expert though.

13Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 5:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I think it would be great to see something based around fund raising for different charities, the dyno day we have done before would be good; i know there is to be another dyno day next year which could be the next?

14Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 5:15 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

My only gripe is the search & google indexing needs sorting.
without google indexing working well the google search is only working on what it indexed before some robot.txt changes blocked it.
This also means you get poor to no ranking in any google search results, a lot of people searching stuff will never find this forum which restricts it's growth drastically & usefulness of the info we put into it .

15Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 6:47 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I'm sure I've said it before but I think if we had a car of the month ..
Could be Voted by members and then that car has its pic at the top of the forum or somthing like that ..

But as always you guys are doing a great job

16Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 6:57 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

ROB_IOW wrote:I'm sure I've said it before but I think if we had a car of the month ..
Could be Voted by members and then that car has its pic at the top of the forum or somthing like that ..

But as always you guys are doing a great job
Is that something you would like to controll rob ?

17Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 7:55 pm

i think car of the month sounds good

18Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 9:35 pm

Petelesta

Petelesta

Car of the month sounds like a really good idea. Also it might be worth getting involved with more shows etc especially as we now have events co-ordinators, this is something we all missed out generally this year minus the 25th anniversary meets. We could do with getting these organised well in advance so we can get club stands etc sorted. A message to the events organisers, if you need a hand sorting owt out I'll quite happily chip in and make the right phone calls etc. Other than that good job on the forum, and a race series sounds exciting !!!! Let's make 2016 OUR year

19Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 9:43 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I wouldn't even know where to start doing somthing like that johnny ..

20Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 10:16 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Car of the month would be pretty cool

21Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 10:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

ROB_IOW wrote:I wouldn't even know where to start doing somthing like that johnny ..
Just a case of people entering a picture and page number of there car on there car thread each month or 2 we all get a week or that month to choose/vote then winner is announced. I think car of the month should be every couple of month or we will run out of cars lol

22Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 11:36 pm

Don't know about that
How many cars you got johnny?

23Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 27th October 2015, 11:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

1 or 2 lol

True and if we do we could move onto parts of cars wheels brakes tubby's etc

24Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 28th October 2015, 12:02 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ that would be cool, wouldnt always have to be a full car. Besides majority are in various pieces anyway Laughing

25Everyone who uses forum important  Empty Re: Everyone who uses forum important 28th October 2015, 7:06 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just might be the case you have refurbed a part or bought something nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum