Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bhp lottery

+8
gtir_woody
Thermal
PartyPete
ducie54
pulsar23
Kate&tim
Welling_AL
Mr B
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 9:10 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

520, payment sent. Good luck mate, I hope you get what you are after though.

27Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 9:39 pm

My missus has gone with 492bhp and yes I made her give me the quid lol looks like I'm gonna be well far off

28Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 9:41 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is this what it can make or what it goes out the door am I right in thinking it makes x amount but that's as it leans out so tuners  knock it back and send it out the door

She has sense I will say 515 and out the door at 496 if that means me paying 2 quid so be it

Last edited by johnny gtir on 15th July 2015, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

29Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 9:43 pm

This is what it will make on maximum safe boost without knocking

30Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 9:52 pm

So I'm the only one with my head in the clouds then !!! Doh >.< lol

31Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 10:15 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'm sure what ever power it makes when you drive it you'll still have a smile Laughing

32Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 10:17 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

power result will be max setting/reading it goes out door at I would assume, main objective is to have some fun & hopefully relieve some of Pete's owner stress.
Expect Bob be glad get it done & gain a bit of life back lol ...
Your head will be in the clouds even at 480ish hp if it good on tap power. 500 to 600hp R's are death traps without serious attention to chassis, suspension, braking & experienced/trained driver plus tend to be one trick cars & thus get little used.
Don't be greedy Pete, at only 25 you got plenty of years ahead to get more hp if you don't crash ;-)

33Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 15th July 2015, 11:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As some have said forget what power it makes on Dyno that's just for pub bragging and nothing else.
I've said it many times before and will say again that Bhp means very little, it's how it delivers the power that you have that really matters and besides that it's actually the torque figure you should be more interested in rather than Bhp. 
The way the torque curve looks "amongst other relative things" gives you a good indication of how the car will drive in everyday real conditions.
I've beaten far higher Bhp cars that have been poorly set up and mapped, I.e a so called 520bhp pulsar with one running less than 340bhp simply because it was set up better with minimal lag and maximum response from turbo and ancillary items fitted ( it's all very relative in the real world) of course the big power car would have beat me on a long straight bit of road but that means jack shit as its about low down grunt and pulling power and how the thing handles and stops, without those things the cars pretty much just a one trick pony on a drag circuit.

Anyway il play the game as it would be rude not to Laughing 
I have no idea what the car will make and that's the truth so my prediction could be way out with this one although I'm generally not too far away with most cars running from 250-450 Bhp

But would hazard a guess at around 526bhp @ fly.
wheel hp is the accurate figure but as said it's the torque which means much more.

You've seen how this car pulls at 400bhp Pete the thing is awesome with the way it puts the power down (remember the huge grin on our faces lol) so if it makes nigh on 80 bhp more but with good drivability throughout then it will be a very serious bit of kit indeed

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

34Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 16th July 2015, 12:57 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Pete have you ever been in a pulsar with 500bhp? I have been in 3 around that power and if I told you yours made 500 but I told you it was 600 or more you would believe it. You will be beating cars with more bhp in your pulsar

35Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 16th July 2015, 8:33 am

I'm not overly concerned what she makes in the end as long as I know she's at the maximum safe boost she can be Smile tbh the reason for wanting a high number to come out on the dyno is literally for pub bragging rights ! How she drives is far more critical to me and from what I've experienced with her already she is going to be a monster ! I have that much faith in my build that I reckon if she pulls 500 on the dyno she would spark another pulsar of day 600bhp jut simply because of the way she's set up.... She's  not a laggy beast, she makes full power and torque early on not that much later than a 2871 and that's the truth ! This is literally one of the quickest pulsars in Europe and that credit can only go to bob and his workers, yes I made a few critical choices through the build (cams, final turbo choice etc ) but even those decisions I was guided on by bob, the way this thing has been set up, every component that works together for the all mighty sprint monster is down to them, and it's been a learning curve for all of us  , first build of it's kind for torque of the south and they have come up aces on this one Very Happy whatever she pulls in the end isn't the be all and end all of things I'll measure it in smiles per gallon Wink Nicole (my pulsar) is effectively a hybrid in the sense that she makes big power but early on so best of both worlds and yes just for reference she is my daily driver but what a fucking daily Wink

Last edited by Petelesta on 16th July 2015, 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid fucking autocorrect haha)

36Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 14th August 2015, 6:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

this been mapped yet !?

37Bhp lottery - Page 2 Empty Re: Bhp lottery 14th August 2015, 8:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They was Waiting for the mapper Last time i spoke to pete mr b...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum