Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Think I may have solved my pesky misfire!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Think I may have solved my pesky misfire!! Empty Think I may have solved my pesky misfire!! 18th April 2015, 10:06 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

For as long as I can remember now my car has had a slight misfire at partial throttle around the 2-3krpm range. I have tried all sorts to track down or remedy the issue with no joy, the only thing that seemed to make any difference at all was the plug gap, it misfired less with a larger gap. I kind of just gave up with it and forgot it was there as its never present whilst driving and I couldn't find the cause of it so just chose to ignor it

Anyway.. A few days ago I noticed oil on my thermostat housing :/ the oil have come from inside the distributer and started to leak from the dizzy cap! I'm guessing all that oil in the distributor must be effecting the spark hence the missfire.

The good thing is I have a spare dizzy, the bad thing is the rotor arm is seizd on said spare dizzy and I can't get the damn thing off lol

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum