Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

looking to make a dream reality!!!!

+8
pulsarmoley
johnny gtir
nomad
Bones
Indy
GTI-R US
johnboy
paul edwards
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 12:59 pm

paul edwards

Names Paul

as I'm sure u can tell from the user name.
From St Albans area and owner of a little diahatsu charade turbo great fun but looking for a new fun toy and have wanted a gtir for years now so in search of 1 of these little monsters! : ) was talking to bob from gtir r us last night and he said to join this forum as it's best 1 out there and that your all a reliable bunch!
So thought I would say hi and also c if any 1 could help with the search of my future pulsar? And is there any bad points to owning a pulsar?
thanks for any help in advance! ; )

2looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 1:57 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Welcome Paul.

They're great little cars but bad points will be a very long list. fuming
Good point is they are a lot of fun to drive when they are working....

3looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 2:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Welcome to the forum paul Cool

as I said when I spoke to you last night theres a lot of info about the cars on here and trusted members too who will help you in your search Cool

im away for a few days from tomorrow so have a think about what I said regarding the car we have in, or if you see something you like on ebay or what ever run it by people on here first as someone may know stuff about the car in question. that way at least you cut down the risk of buying a lemon Wink

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 4:37 pm

Indy

Hello and welcome Paul I've owned my pulsar for almost 2 years and touch wood I've had no issues whatsoever just make sure I change the oil frequently and don't ragg the crap out of it all the time they are 20 + years old lol I had only afew niggly electrical issues with the oil pressure sender and the lovely and helpful chaps on here helped me solve that problem otherwise all was well in my pulsar world.

Good luck with finding a car bob usually is the man I get my parts from. He has a great selection of cars and massive amounts of knowledge mixed with experience and all the great chaps on here together they will help you sort out any issues you may have.
No problem too big or small.

I'm truly blessed to be part of this team! Very Happy

( sorry got a wee bit emotional)

5looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 5:27 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Welcome mate, if you look after these cars , service well and don't scrimp on bits then there prity bull it proof . After all there Japanese so ultra reliable. Only time you will have problems really is turning up the power without spending time and money on everything else needed. My advise would be buy a good un molested one if you can find one and don't ragg the hell out of it at every set of lights. As said there 20+ years old now

6looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 6:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum paul ..... as said already if you spot something chuck up the link as one of us may know it or know of it ....

7looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 6:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Buy one chuck thousands at it rag it and watch it beat a hell of a lot of things on the road.

On a more realistic note buy what you need ie if your looking standard prices are creeping up all the time. Dont buy standard if you are looking to mod it sometimes buying one pre done and adding your touches can save a lot in the long run on all the little bits and big for that matter needed. Buy off a member or bob for a genuine R

8looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 6:41 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella, ive had my pulsar over 8 years and still love it. Its now getting an overhaul so shes good for another 20 years.

9looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 24th February 2015, 9:31 pm

paul edwards

Thanks for the info and warm welcome guys! Hope can find a gd 1! Dos any 1 live near St Albans so I could come over to see how 1 should look and sound! ; )

10looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Reality! 25th February 2015, 1:39 pm

Daniel232006

Good Afternoon,

New memeber and new GTI-R owner here (Nearly)

Just a note to say 100% would go through Bob at GTI-R US - I spent the whole day down there last Saturday with him and he really know his stuff...a reallly top bloke with plenty of time for anyone there!

I was originally looking at a GTI-R on Ebay which he had a look at for me when I contacted him - without his help I would of ended up with something which wasn''t quite right for me should we say.

In the end I made the trip to see him and left a deposit on a beautiful red GTI-R with all the mods and power I could possibly need.

Now I just can not wait for the work to be finished so I can pick it up and start enjoying it Surprised)

Good luck in your search!!!

p.s
Bob also suggested this was the best forum for any information anyone could ever need!!! So be nice as I know nothing about GTI-R's being a Ford RS Turbo convert!

See some of you at the shows I would think.

Thanks
Daniel

11looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 2:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum daniel ..... any pics of your rs turbo .... used to have a series 2 myself Wink

12looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 4:08 pm

Daniel232006

Thanks Nomad - no sorry my RS turbo is long gone! 10 years in fact - I was on the hunt for another one...I did have a black D-reg series 2 running 189BHP. Then I thought Cosworth....but then came across the GTI-R and was sold from there! (If only I'd found them sooner)
My last car performace car 2 years ago was a Corsa VXR...then i've ended up with toyota Igo as a day to day work car. I just thought enough is enough time for something fun again!!!

Once I've picked up my GTI-R I'll be sure to get some pics up!

If i have any problems I'm sure I can find any info I need on the forum (Watch out) or from Bob Surprised)

13looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 4:09 pm

Indy

Welcome Daniel loved the rs turbos my neighbour had a series 1 in white with a pearl white body kit looks nice

14looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 4:25 pm

paul edwards

Cheers for the info Dan! Think I'm going to go and c bob when he's back from holiday to have a look at the black 1 he has up there! He did tell me about taking u out and u fell in love straight away! Not been in a gtir myself but they do have an informus rep! That's y I want to c 1 up close as never really studied 1 b4! But don't want to travel to far just to av a look at 1!

15looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 4:47 pm

Daniel232006

No problem! Ah yes - if you never been in one like me then your in for a treat! They are a serious bit of kit if you like things raw...I had one of those stupid smiles on my face being in one - like nothing ive been in before.

I had a good look over the black one too - you wouldn't be wasting your time if you made the trip (tho it was not running when I was there) it was capable of some serious power figures! The car it self solid and in good condition! Bob was a massive help to me so I'm sure he would be for you too.

Seem plenty of good people around to sort small niggles when they arrise!! (Which is half the battle)

16looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 5:58 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Welcome fella Smile

17looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 6:03 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

paul edwards wrote:Thanks for the info and warm welcome guys! Hope can find a gd 1! Dos any 1 live near St Albans so I could come over to see how 1 should look and sound! ; )

If possible Paul, pop along to the meet I organise, im sure someone would be able to give you a spin round the block in one. I would offer myself but mine will be off the road shortly and its also one of the lower powered cars on here.

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t277-meet-in-essex-sunday-15th-march?highlight=meet

18looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 25th February 2015, 9:46 pm

Garnaby

Garnaby

Welcome mate I'm new too and everyone is really nice , I've only met Spike in the flesh and he's a good lad!!

19looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 26th February 2015, 8:30 am

paul edwards

Dos any 1 no much about about the l reg gtir on ebay has no description which puts me of straight away! Any info would b gr8!

20looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 26th February 2015, 10:25 am

paul edwards

pulsarmoley wrote:
paul edwards wrote:Thanks for the info and warm welcome guys! Hope can find a gd 1! Dos any 1 live near St Albans so I could come over to see how 1 should look and sound! ; )

If possible Paul, pop along to the meet I organise, im sure someone would be able to give you a spin round the block in one. I would offer myself but mine will be off the road shortly and its also one of the lower powered cars on here.

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t277-meet-in-essex-sunday-15th-march?highlight=meet

Thanks for the invite mate but going to ministry for my bday on the 14th and won't b home till about 8 in the morn so don't think I'll b able to make it! really sad But if u end up changing the day I'll Def come along! Very Happy

21looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 26th February 2015, 10:38 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pop the link up paul ....

22looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 26th February 2015, 10:44 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just seen it .... guess wait and see what the specs list is etc .....

23looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 4th March 2015, 12:11 am

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

pulsarmoley wrote:

I'm near Dartford so could meet you on m25 one Saturday. or as Pete says about the Essex meet, could meet you A12 junction and run you up to the meet

edit: just seen the bit about Ministry duh

24looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 4th March 2015, 9:04 am

Daniel232006

Paul,

If you were planning to get over to see Bob at any stage - I'm due to pick up my GTI-R in a few weeks I believe - I'd be more than happy to take you out for a blast if your there looking at the black(or another one) at the same time.

-Just as soon as Bob calls to say its ready-

Thanks
Daniel

25looking to make a dream reality!!!! Empty Re: looking to make a dream reality!!!! 4th March 2015, 12:23 pm

paul edwards

Thanks Dan but I work sats so don't think i could make it any way! But thanks any way much appreciated! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum