Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snap on Cordless Screwdriver

+3
Bones
nomad
pulsarmoley
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 8th December 2014, 10:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Had this for a few years, good bit of kit, worth the money even though a bit pricey

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=646593&group_ID=682669

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

2Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 8th December 2014, 10:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cheers bud .... looks like a good bit of kit .... where are these availble ???

3Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 8th December 2014, 10:57 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Got mine off the snap on van that comes around. I buy more stuff off the mac tools guy now as our snap on bloke is a bit of a c*ck. Want another of these for in my workshop so gonna be looking at what dewalt do.

All I would say is stay away from Ryobi stuff as that is shite.

4Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 8th December 2014, 11:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How much roughly ... i like tools in cases its a lot easier to keep nice and also clean ...

5Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 8th December 2014, 11:12 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Think I paid £95 for mine about 3 years ago so probably £115 now. Will update once I know more about what dewalt offer.

6Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 23rd May 2015, 7:34 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

As a joiner I've had most cordless drills either owned or borrowed over the last 25 years and the best are Makita, they do a small impact drill that if I broke it my life would not be worth living.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171503714249

7Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 24th May 2015, 7:45 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Good to know, ive recently bought a drill and 3/8 impact gun from dewalt that are pretty good

8Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 24th May 2015, 9:01 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks like a good piece of kit and not really that expensive. Cordless really seems to be where it's at these days. I've stayed away from cordless in the past because I don't use them enough, and they're always flat when I go to use them Sad

9Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 24th May 2015, 11:38 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Love dewalt tools, my dad bought a fern 24v combi drill and threw it away the same day as it was shite, the guy I used to work with had Bosch 18v combi which was ok, tried a Makita 18v combi and it broke just after the years warranty, but anything dewalt feels completely different to all the cheaper stuff and works better in every way imo. And if you don't mind paying a bit more again then my electrician swears by hilti.

This is all for plumbers, sparkys and carpenters, etc, not.mechanic tools obviously

10Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 25th May 2015, 9:21 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Everyone to there own. Dewalt is poor just black and decker now used to be good about 4 year ago. Makita gearboxes go for fun and the batteries pack up my last one was in no time they said caused via vibration of the reciprocating saw I said it's the battery that came with it now your saying it's not fit for purpose. Personally Bosch 36v both light and heavy duty versions the best. Anything below 36v rubbish. Hitach 18v slightly heavier but amazing drill and don't discount milwaki gear for the money. All the above I am taking the higher trade models ie metal chuck etc

11Snap on Cordless Screwdriver Empty Re: Snap on Cordless Screwdriver 25th May 2015, 12:24 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Makita & Hitachi is all I use generally.
I find Makita drills pretty damn good, japanese built & one of my favourite, Hitachi do some superb cordless combi drills. Trick is stick to NiCd battery packs NOT Li-ion, NiCd maybe old hat but they actually much more abusable & cheaper buy new when needed, li-ion can be ok for pro's using/charging daily but cells are more prone to issues.
We have a rebrand of Makita in a orange colour (can't remember name off hand) which marketed at lower cost & that quite good (got a wood plane).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum