Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Love my car but...........

Love my car but...........

+6
Gaz GTiR
gtir_woody
pulsarmoley
nomad
johnny gtir
pulsar23
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Love my car but........... Empty Love my car but........... 14th November 2014, 7:56 pm

pulsar23

I use to be into cars when I was 17 like most but then changed hobby (football) as I realised a pulsar was a million miles away!! Then a year ago started looking and back in August boot 1!!! Trouble is know one seems to be interested anymore in cars or is this just my way???

2Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 14th November 2014, 8:10 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No there more interested in thinking there pritty boys or stupid celebs trying to be like geordie shore wannabe's or like the only way is essex.

3Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 14th November 2014, 9:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think the car scene is still  huge ... i guess maybe as you grow up friends etc choose different paths get all sensible sell up and settle down the bloody wierdos lol .

4Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 14th November 2014, 10:18 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Not many of my normal mates are into cars which is why I have this place and a select few of my brothers mates

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

5Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 14th November 2014, 11:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I felt like that at one stage, then I realised the people I hung around with had moved on from cars, meeting places were different, there were more kids in dirty drift pigs.

I'm more into cars than ever now, just different to when I was younger if that makes sense

6Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 12:21 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats what i meant most of my friends have sold up but my son in law is doing a full on glanza build so i have somebody to keep the enthusaism going to get things done ..

7Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 1:13 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Joining this forum has increased my motivation with my car, that's what it's all about Smile Smile

8Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 1:20 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

The car scene is still big, but you will fined its all "financed whips" now & the odd "oldskool whip" knocking about :/

Not like back in the day where it was all RS Turbo's, R5 Turbo's, Cossies, Skylines, Supras, etc etc. When it was worth going to cruises/meets.

Is all Corsas, Golfs, Seats, etc nowadays & most are on finance buy young kids... So its pretty boring now to be honest & only the selected few like ourselves that still respect & own an oldskool motor. Neutral

9Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 5:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I know what you mean Gaz, I dont really see many of the older cars like skylines, supras, silvias etc being looked after or restored. Just a lot of guys with ratty drift cars.

10Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 6:20 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Gaz hit the nail on the head so to speak. A new corsa financed in mammy n daddys name with a set of wheels so it dont void the warrenty and possibly a sticker or two and call it a moddified car.

Another rant of mine is wow look at me my cars fast as fook. Granted its very quick beat me would you like a race on a road with x1 corner rather than a stright line and whats that ? Err or whats that Rrrr i see your car is bought not built you aint got a f ing clue most they know about there car is where to put fuel in. Why did you go for that part because some big tuning company said took thousands of pounds and really your car is identical to the other 20 for example vxr's i just seen down the road

11Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 7:30 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's a good solid rant johnny but well said and totally agree Smile

Love my car but........... Image

12Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 11:10 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

youll also find its an age thing too

as said most young lads get cars bought for them by mummy n daddy and they then just add little bits like stickers, tail pipes and shite to bling it up a bit, no real interest in how the car works just how faaaast is it bro kind of attitude

a majority of people that buy old skool type cars and mod them are the real enthusiasts (not necessarily mechanics) but some are cleverer in many ways as most so called mechanics nowadays are no more than fitters which is a far less taxing job.
that's why you generally find that most that do big power modded cars are 30+ years old
so most have got the wives and kids grown up and have a few quid in their pockets to throw at their cars which are now their escape in life.
there not interested in going out pulling birds, showing off or anything other than locking there selves away in the garage away from the moaning missus and screaming kids and getting on with what is their pastime hobby which is of course building a powerful fast car.

so don't really matter what your mates are into its what your into that really counts and if cars aint your thing then only you know that deep down
that's why in many cases once its built they are then bored so flog it to start another project or the missus and kids are on their case lol

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 11:22 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm 28, iv had over 20 cars and the newest was a p reg evo 4! Iv never had any real interest in new cars, all ways the old ones, and I have friends of a similar age and some in there early twentys, and they too are only interested in older cars, the pulsars, skylines and evos, one even has a Mazda 323 turbo! I'm lucky my friends have a good Taste in cars Smile! I see these vxr's and the like and just think 'why'! But each to there own I guess! It is defo an escape from reality in a way when you are working on, fixing, or modifying your car!

14Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 11:38 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

20 cars is that all ?

15Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 3:26 pm

pulsar23

I've had just under 40 so do get bored but think I will be a pulsar owner for a little while still

16Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 5:22 pm

These vxr are generally so fast according to the owners but I find it strange I could keep up with one in a almera tino diesel
There still is a big car scene up here still a lot of modified cars out there.even had a guy send me a friend request on Facebook who just bought a gtir a remembers seeing me around in mine

17Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 15th November 2014, 5:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ive only had 6 Sad
What I don't understand is why youths spend so much money buying crap for their first cars? I didn't start modding cars until I got the pulsar as didn't see the point spending money on a 1 litre fiesta etc I did admittedly fit an induction kit to my rover for a laugh at college but got given that so it doesn't count Razz

18Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 17th November 2014, 9:16 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Even worse than spending all your money on a crappy first car is sinking all your cash into a moped! I've known friends spend like £4K modifying a god damn moped and that's not including the price of the ped loopy Why on gods earth would any person in the right minds throw every penny on a vehicle that you only really want to use for 1 year and by spending all that money fitting big heads and oversized pistons and what not the damn things illegle anyway because it's not a 50cc that does 30mph anymore lol

Surely you would just buy a shit moped if you needed one and save your cash to buy a nice car when the time comes scratch my mates were once convinced that this lads moped would be faster than my old Clio sport, I laughed at them and said 'don't talk wet' and they said 'it will, it's rapid! It's a 172' my response was 'my cars also a 172, bhp not cc!' Laughing and my car cost me half the price of his ped Laughing and obviously it wasn't faster than my car although it stayed closer than I expected when I was in 1st gear lol!

Sorry about the rant but I hate mopeds! Unless your 16 or you live in the citty and need one for convenience I think they are pointless!

19Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 17th November 2014, 10:32 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

a lad I know races scooters in a special series and the things can hit nigh on 140mph and probably out accelerate a stock R and these are 125cc Shocked

not to be under estimated some of them but then again they are scooters not mopeds
people confuse whats what now as a 50cc scooter isn't a ped

a ped or moped is a bike that can actually be peddled to start the engine bikes such as the mobylette and puch from the 70s

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607996309523664053&pid=15.1&w=147&h=110&p=0

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 17th November 2014, 10:43 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Wow 140 on a scooter! I bet that's brown trouser territory Laughing
I'm sure the one my mate spent a fortune in did over 110! It was very quick for a scooter tbf but I just wasnt impressed with it considering the waste of money. As soon as he was old enough he got a car and sold the ped for a fraction of what he put into it

21Love my car but........... Empty Re: Love my car but........... 17th November 2014, 7:37 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's the same for cars though Bill, unless you own a classic. Look at what some people have spent on their R's only for it to be worth maybe 25% of it when they sell/break it. I had a 50cc when I was 16 as I needed transport to work, all it had done was different clutch rollers and a decent exhaust and was good for 50mph and it beat 125's off the lights. Im still tempted to buy another...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum