Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Thieving Scum

Thieving Scum

+6
pulsarmad20
GTI-R US
gtir_woody
nomad
johnboy
pulsarmoley
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thieving Scum Empty Thieving Scum 16th October 2014, 9:07 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

My brothers garage next to his house got broke into yesterday, they took our welder, gas bottle, helmet and various other tools. So frustrating but at least they didn't steal his car or expensive wheels sat at the back of the garage.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

2Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 16th October 2014, 9:23 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Sorry to her that Pete. Thieving bastards. Sounds like they knew what they were after..

3Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 16th October 2014, 9:28 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah maybe they have seen him working on his car? They did 2 other garages; 1 has an old Ferrari in and they didn't touch that, the other was full of toot. He was hoping to have his project finished by xmas, doubt it now though Sad

4Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 16th October 2014, 10:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like opportunists nicking easy bits to get rid off or wiegh in ... your right pete proper scum ...im always cautious with leaving stuff about and have double locks where i keep my bits ...

5Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 16th October 2014, 10:26 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's terrible, at least they didn't trash the place? My parents was broken into and what made it worse was they kicked in walls, took tomato sauce out of the fridge and sprayed it all over the carpets, just destroyed the place. Proper scum people in this world, sorry to hear!

6Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 8:42 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

My brother is now reinforcing the door to try and prevent future incidents Evil or Very Mad

7Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 9:37 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no time for thieving scum bastards I know exactly how he feels pete as something much worse has happened to me recently

hope hes caught and it gets sorted

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 10:22 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

i cant stand thiefs ones that get caught should have thiers hands cut off you go to work and bend over backwards to have things if your home and garage .. and some scum comes along and within 10 mins has ruined all your hard work and can ruin your lifes complete low life scum bastards !

9Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 11:02 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

The worst bit is they steal things worth alot of money and sometimes hard to get hold of and weigh it in or sell for peanuts! 
2nd that to cutting there hands off!

10Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 11:42 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

sorry to hear about that pete, lets hope they get caught in a dark alleyway at night by the wrong bastard and gets a damn good beating for it its no less than they deserve the thieving scum

11Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 11:48 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah I believe in karma even if it takes a while to catchup with these low lifes. My brother cant afford much which why he only just has enough at the end of each month to put a bit towards his project as im sure some of you can sympathise with. At least the welder can be replaced even if it does set me back £800 but couldn't put a price on the hard work he has put into his car, so luckily they didn't take or damage it.

12Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 11:58 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

id say invest in some cctv if funds allow aswell might not stop it from happening but it will sure make catching the scum easier

13Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 12:57 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

CCTV can sometime be enough to deter them from trying in the first place, especially the low life no hopers

14Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 1:16 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah he's looking down that route of getting a camera with night vision

15Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 2:57 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah im having all that fitted in my new unit imminently as well as sorting the alarm system.

it doesn't stop certain kinds of thieves and scum that you know of or who were trusted but it does protect you from other types to an extent.

hope your mate catches him and tears him apart piece by piece, was it your mate with the jag?

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

16Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 4:03 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Garage security is a problem.
Lined my door with alloy plate & made an enclosed dual side locking pin bar with 60mm throw using simple lever system & one security garage door deadlock bolt with long key so all lock is behind full depth of door.
Top centre bolt also been adapted to use bar rather than wire so dead lock & require more attacking to overcome it.
Frame reinforced & secured into concrete floor, walls & roof beams with heavy fixings & extra brackets.
Have an alarm with movement & shock sensor on door frame & no warning signs or alarm signs as prefer element of surprise, has a flashing blue light but that built into standard outside high level light so quite a surprise when all goes off ...
Upgrade next year will be 2 CCTV cameras as quite affordable these days.
Hope you can reclaim some or all of the loss through insurance ...

17Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 4:20 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

@GTI-R US wrote:yeah im having all that fitted in my new unit imminently as well as sorting the alarm system.

it doesn't stop certain kinds of thieves and scum that you know of or who were trusted but it does protect you from other types to an extent.

hope your mate catches him and tears him apart piece by piece, was it your mate with the jag?

No it was my brother Bob. He has a block of garages next to his house where he rents 2 of them; 1 for his project car and the other stores his wife's show winning custom beetle,

18Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 4:22 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Not quite sure about whether he will/can claim for the stuff as he thinks he might be worse off for it when you take into account the excess and then a higher premium from now on?

19Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 5:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I know when I was in uk my house insurance covered garage new for old with max single item value quite high & if over x amount needed proof such as images, receipts or approval of cover in advance. Used it for flood damage once & access & cost increase was reasonable plus you can balance that a bit on your claim possibly :-/

20Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 17th October 2014, 5:43 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers for the feedback. I know the first thing he's gonna do with the new welder is reinforce the door. He's had a friend build a strong box to bolt over where the bottom lock goes so you cant get to the padlock to cut it off.

21Thieving Scum Empty Re: Thieving Scum 20th October 2014, 9:18 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

@Gl3nnGTIR wrote:The worst bit is they steal things worth alot of money and sometimes hard to get hold of and weigh it in or sell for peanuts! 
2nd that to cutting there hands off!

They certainly do, I had my Cherry Turbo I owned for 20 years stolen from my drive at home whilst I was out working Evil or Very Mad I was absolutely gutted, but I have my Pulsar now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum