Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild

+18
houghy_1
Stu
ROB_IOW
shroom
MartyMG
burrows1980
Mr B
nomad
gtir_pimp
GTIR James
johnny gtir
PartyPete
gtir_woody
Bones
buckym120
Sparkie
GTI-R US
pulsarmoley
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 10th October 2014, 5:10 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Every year the Pulsar comes off the road in the winter  for it's yearly TLC

This year it's getting more than TLC

These are the parts that i have  to be fitted

Tubular manifold
Gt2871R turbo
Compettion paddle clutch
Samco blue hoses
Forge Pulleys
Lots of pipe lagging
Fidanza Flywheel insert
Welded clutch fork
Nissan water pump
Nissan Thermostat
Alloy radiator
Powerflex engine mount
Powerflex gearbox mounts  
Pitworks /  Nismo  oil and fuel filters
Carbon fibre bonnet              Awaiting delivery
Carbon spolier                     Awaiting delivery

Parts i need to get

Willwood caliper rebuild kit
New Springs ( 30mm lower ish )
New rear axle  ( diff is getting noisey )
Carbon fibre bootlid

Been getting the garage ready since we moved into the house in august ( Ligfhts , flooring and painting )

and yesterday i started stripping her

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild 6_zps083d1220

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild 1_zpsd9673d3d

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild 2_zps3bc8d1fd

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild 3_zps5e0700ee

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild 4_zps6ca233a1

Next is removal of wings , bumper , wipers and skuttle panel .

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 27th June 2015, 10:14 am; edited 6 times in total

2And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 10th October 2014, 5:24 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Nice one Rob, can you not rebuild the rear axle? Think mine is a bit clonky and im thinking about rebuilding mine

3And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 10th October 2014, 5:47 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

It's whining a little under deceleration .
It's gonna be easier to buy a complete axle get it stripped powder coated and fit new bushes .
Then just swap it out .

4And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 10th October 2014, 7:31 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ah right, yeah straight swap would be easier, didn't think of it like that.

5And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 11th October 2014, 8:50 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Well thats the bonnet and spoiler ordered ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

6And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 11th October 2014, 6:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Booked your bits in for collection Tuesday rob along with other stuff we need to post out for others.
If you need a rear diff il do you a goodunshes for 40 squid and a whitebait

Atb with the build up will look great when she's done

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 11th October 2014, 7:13 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

could do with a full axle / subframe bob ..
When i stripped the back end off 3 / 4 years ago one of the bolts that hold the diff inplace sheered it's cative nut .
Was unable to remove the diff then coz couldn't undo bolt .

Thinking i can get a full subframe and swap the lot out .
You got anything thats had axle bushes etc done ?

Wouldn't mind i had one about 7 years ago and i weighed it in ..

8And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 11th October 2014, 10:54 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Don't think I've any polybushed ones rob but I have rear sub frames you can have one of those for 40 if it helps you out at all fella

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th October 2014, 8:03 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Think I'll be saying yes to that and the diff.
Don't suppose any of the subframes are freshly powder coated ?
Is a long shot

10And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th October 2014, 8:08 am

Sparkie

Looks like a lovely new garage, to spend the winter tinkering, your pulsar& evo look nice.

11And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th October 2014, 10:28 am

buckym120

buckym120

I've got a brand new set of Polly bushes mate In the box if your interested rob

12And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th October 2014, 10:31 am

buckym120

buckym120

Oh and I'm five minutes from bob and work near the powder coaters who did my sub frame and arms last year and wasn't that expensive (think it was 150 for the lot).  I had the frame, 6 arms and 3 exhaust brackets all powder coated, if you wanted me to get it powder coated before bob sends it out

13And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th October 2014, 10:42 am

buckym120

buckym120

Just gone and double checked my project thread and it was only £100 for the lot from Vulcan shot blasting

14And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th October 2014, 12:55 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

That sounds like a great idea

15And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th October 2014, 6:55 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

That's my project for the winter once I've got bill the spoons sorted. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking of just taking his whole lump out

16And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th October 2014, 7:34 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Bit more stripping today

First job was bumper removal
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue3_zps61c5d5c5
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue1_zps883c99ca
Then it was wing removal
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue4_zps200b2cca
Look how clean itis under my wings . This is what you get when you clean and inspect every couple of years
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild TUE12_zpsb6846c1a
Then wipers and scuttle
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue5_zps26391e6f
When i removed the scuttle i found RUST Shocked
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue6_zps9f03ef34
But it's okay coz it's a removable panel
BOB CAN I HAVE A GOOD CONDITION ONE OF THESE PANELS PLEASE BOB   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue7_zps59301616
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue8_zpsecf78970
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue9_zps7ad0bb10

One thing i did find was a damp sump
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Tue11_zpsaf2977fd
This is not a problem tho coz engine will be out and on a jig thingy so i can turn it upside down

17And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th October 2014, 8:45 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Damn rust! Where else will it be hiding Laughing

18And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th October 2014, 8:57 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

should be no other rust on the car ..  thats prob the only part of the car ive never taken off.!

19And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th October 2014, 9:01 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's good news then, no more surprises in the future Laughing

20And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th October 2014, 9:34 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I was very happy with mine to say i dont think the wings have ever been offAnd it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Null_zps9bba7404

21And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th October 2014, 10:38 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

That's what mine looked like before i Undersealed them. .

Did you find the shit collector at the bottom of your wings

22And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 17th October 2014, 7:11 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Is it just me or is your front mount massive?!?

23And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 18th October 2014, 9:46 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Think my intercooler is the biggest you can fit on a pulsar. . Don't think anyone does a bigger one

24And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 18th October 2014, 3:47 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What kind is it again mate ?

25And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 18th October 2014, 5:31 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Is a pace .
Second generation pace intercooler . Was £750 ten years ago

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum