Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old guy R8

+2
GTI-R US
Bones
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Old guy R8 Empty Old guy R8 14th September 2014, 9:51 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Was in my local on Thursday when an old guy we all know came to see us in his R8 v10 . This bloke is over 80 so I said why you buy an audi r8 and he just said well it's better than it sitting in the bank and proceeded to give us the keys to take it a spin while he stayed and had a drink. Fook they pull harder than a fat bird with one hand on a cream cake and the engine noise is just mind blowing. Also found out he has a new fireblade that he goes to France and Spain on, Infact he has a new one every 3 years. Total respect. So moral of the story is your never too old eh Bob lol cheers

2Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 14th September 2014, 9:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

finger
Get your ass down to the rally day so I can slap you with a big wet cod lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 14th September 2014, 9:59 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Love too but can't get

4Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 3:38 am

Indy

Lol

5Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 11:42 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

I love the r8. My friend has one and been in it quite a bit. Super sexy cars and yes the sound of the lambo v10 is awesome. His is the convertible in a gorgeous dark blue. Shit someone pass me the tissues quickly hahaha

6Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 2:12 pm

Indy

Ajay and me raced a red one one the way to bobs he couldn't get us off his tail ...... Yeee haw

7Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 5:56 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

You must have some serious power?

8Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 7:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah to be fair if the guy had really put his foot down he would have left you for dust Indy
Think they are over 600Bhp

I raced a v10 r8 in my gtr at the gp circuit last time I was there
I beat him but they are none the less very very quick cars and with a better driver on board he should have really took me out on the twisty bits

9Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 7:34 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

I thought they were 500. Either way Danny wall took me out in his pulsar when it was 500 and I didn't think there was much difference between that and my mates r8

10Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 7:40 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

His is the soft to and I wouldn't put a pulsar against one. Plus this remember is a standard car, off the shelf as it were and let's not forget he's in his 80s. Not sure many of us will be doing that when were Bobs age lol wet fish time again lol

11Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 15th September 2014, 9:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Danny's pulsar wouldn't of stood a hope in hell against a v10 r8 as the speed matched paddle shift that Audi now have provides an extremely fast gear change which you could never ever match with a stick shift.
The r8 would be giving away some weight so in a straight line drag race upto about 100 there wouldn't be a great deal in it but once you hit over a ton the aerodynamics would take over and you would be a pin prick in the audis rear view
on a race circuit the Audi would piss all over it in every department absolutely no question
It could also be driven for miles and miles banging it off the rev limiter where the pulsar would just disintegrate into a thousand engine and gearbox parts after a few laps, that's assuming it doesn't understeer into an Armco barrier lol
It probably just felt quick as the power in a pulsar is raw where as the r8 and all the new technology performance cars out today will put the power down much more smoothly with no dramas so Infact you don't realise just how fast you are travelling until you hit a bend  Laughing

Here's the power figure below on the r8:

Meet the ultimate power broker

A true sports car gives you a powerful engine that stirs your soul. The R8 gives you three. A 430-hp FSI®️ V8 engine delivers an authentic super car experience, while our 550-hp FSI®️ V10 engine doesn’t just give you bragging rights you can talk about – it gives you the kind you can actually show.

V10

12Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 3:07 am

Indy

I don't know if it was the v8 or v10 but on high boost ( about 1.1 bar) I'm running about 320 bhp I managed to keep up with him I don't know if it was the aerodynamics of Ajays beard that helped!

13Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 11:03 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

could have been that ruby on your turban blinding him in his rear view indy lol

stop wearing my turban youll wear my ruby out Laughing

14Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 8:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I dont think ther quick at all i have been in with others racing them and i think they dont go well at all. Maybe the v8 ones but i honestly was suprised thought they would be faster

15Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 8:44 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ps anyone else notice mr bob snob after he bought his gtr slating us less rich people. Hey lads least we dont own a rat shit een. Well apart from johnboy but he is a nice person unlike some ha ha

16Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 9:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I would never slate a gtir Johnny love the things to bits that's why I've got one painted on my arm lol
But I'm just being realistic, the gtir is a great car and bloody quick too but it is not aerodynamic in any way and will always be prone to understeer by the nature of it's design
Doesn't stop them being really great fun cars and yes they will hold there own against a lot of cars on the track, but you just cannot compete with modern day technology
Pulsars are about being raw and fun and that is something you don't get with most modern cars so in that respect they win hands down and that's the main reason why we are nuts about them

How's that Johnny?

17Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 9:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thats better just keepin you in check. Your right i said it a while ago for ther age and in the right place right track to be holding ther own deserve maximum respect.but bigger tracks or top end will always struggle i just can not see out my pulsar bubble i love the things. Few bits done to mine for show

18Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 9:33 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Trust me I was sat in the thing and we have a short stip or road near us and by the end of it we were doing 130 and in a pulsar I can't see you getting near that. Also 130 in a pulsar feels fast , this just felt like it was warming up before it got a lick on. So smooth, effortless power delivery not a whoosh up and back down then the next gear. I have a fireblade and don't think that would make it look silly like it does 3/400 bhp cars

19Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 9:42 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

That's the thing Darren you've hit the nail on the head there

They do not feel like there going that quick (gtr is the same) the power delivery is harsh but smooth with no dramas...........that's until you hit a bend and realise how quick you are actually going then it can all go badly wrong
That's why so many gtrs have bit the dust and been wrapped simply because people do not realise how fast they are actually going until it's too late
Do 120 in a pulsar and everything's shaking about and feels like the things about to rip itself apart lol, but that's part of the fun!

20Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 9:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thats it new cars as you both say but with some drivers aids people think anyone can drive them or they drive themself big mistake hence the amount of videos and pictures the gtr been amongst the most. Through hedges wraped round trees you name it all over the net

21Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 16th September 2014, 10:48 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

If you have your pulsars set up like mine you wouldn't know what understeer was but then most of them would be crashed, hence why I'm getting it set up for fast road/ light track use, not drift!

22Old guy R8 Empty Re: Old guy R8 22nd September 2014, 6:15 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

My boss is 26 and has a dark blue one they are pretty rapid, i had a blast with one on the way to goodwood and it just annihilates the pulsar pretty much instantly

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum