Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Formula E

Formula E

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Formula E Empty Formula E 13th September 2014, 5:59 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Anybody else catch the first race of this new venture. The noise of them reminds me of when I used to play with my remote control cars as a kid. I have to say the first race didn't disappoint even if you did have to wait till the last lap for the main incident.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

2Formula E Empty Re: Formula E 14th September 2014, 9:14 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Formula e .... what is it pete is it like formula 1 style cars ????

3Formula E Empty Re: Formula E 14th September 2014, 10:20 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

It basically zero emission formula one cars. There are differences though; the chassis is built by one company, the batteries are made by Williams and a few other parts are done by a certain manufacturer from what I can work out so the cars are technically more equal? They run on Michelin tyres and each driver has two cars for a race which they change around midway.
They run a big electric motor coupled with I think a 5 speed senquential gearbox. They are limited to 150Kw power in the race but I think qualifying allows the full potential of 200kw. I think the idea is the team have to work out how much of the 150kw output to use so the cars will last and not run out of juice. When watching it the other day one teams was set at 145kw.
Full details here:
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/guide/overview.aspx

Incident in first race; a must watch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Bzmu1ZIVs

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum