Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Guy

+8
PartyPete
johnny gtir
nomad
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
clarebear
TomeiR
Henry VW
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New Guy Empty New Guy 12th September 2014, 11:28 am

Henry VW

Henry VW

Hi Guys/Girls, I've just got a opportunity to work with Bob & Dave.

I'm new to these cars/scene, could you give me some help to what the cars are like, common problems, what's most popular mods, and anything in general to help me get started.

Thanks Henry Smile

2New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 12:29 pm

TomeiR

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Pulsar.. Are you sure you want to go down the rabbit hole???lol

3New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 1:10 pm

Henry VW

Henry VW

Yeah I'm pretty sure lol

4New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 1:28 pm

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Hi Henry
Welcome to the forum Very Happy  as long as you don't mind being beat with sticks and make good tea you'll be fine affraid

5New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 1:45 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

welcome to the forum henry and hopefully welcome to torque of the south motorsport too Cool

you will learn a lot about these cars on the forum so learn, learn, learn as said earlier when you came down Wink

happy reading  Laughing

Last edited by GTI-R US on 14th September 2014, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 4:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella

7New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 4:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum henry ..... im sure you will pick it up quickly .... and as said if you dont know then just ask .... Wink

8New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 5:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum. Own one thrash the living daylights out of it you will soon learn how to fix them ha. My advice which i think is so overlooked by people working on them is be very carefull as the wires are 20 year old now so be very carefull

9New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 9:14 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

They rust and break down all
The time....that's pretty much it Razz

10New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 9:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats quite a n accurate description pete duh
if you need anything technial or need to know for the site just give me a shout ...

11New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 10:39 pm

Henry VW

Henry VW

Thanks gonna get a notebook and try make my own little repair manual with common faults and diagnostics, gonna have to spend day looking through forums Smile

12New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 12th September 2014, 10:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can also checkout the section on freqeuntly asked /how to section  on the forum there is a few stickys and diagrams worth checking out .... plus stickys on the help advice section  with ecu fault code check plus abs fault code check ....

13New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 1:41 am

Indy

Welcome mate don't know too much on the mechanical side of it but Ajay and myself can advise you on how to clean em and keep em looking shiny!

14New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 2:07 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Welcome matey Smile Best advice I can give is........... Stay away from them! Haha no there not that bad, Good reliable cars if looked after

15New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 4:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome mate Smile my advice is they are off the road more than they are running Laughing jks!

16New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 6:13 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Gaz GTiR wrote:Welcome matey Smile Best advice I can give is........... Stay away from them! Haha no there not that bad, Good reliable cars if looked after
fookin expensive looked after they still bite you in the ass ha

17New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 7:08 am

Welcome Henry,

You will learn a lot on here! The best way to learn is by taking an engine out of one of these an having a good look at where a everything goes Wink

You should fit In well here because people on here have a wide range of cars from pulsars to amg mercs, evos and even a boat.

18New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 7:40 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

These things spend more time off the road than they do on the road. What you need is a horse, they're much more reliable, you just need to feed them and whack them off!

19New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 7:48 am

Is that what your lass says about you Arron??

20New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 13th September 2014, 7:54 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

We'll she does a lot more than feed me and whack me off but those 2 things are very important to maintain a healthy relationship

21New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 14th September 2014, 2:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hes not looking at buying one lads he just wants background info on how everything works on a turbo charged car and what better car can you think of to learn the ropes than one of these lol

were starting the lad on an apprenticeship so hes trying to learn in theory as much as possible before he starts with us in a couple weeks

22New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 14th September 2014, 4:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well thats easy enough you put your foot down .... then you hear a psssssshhhhhhhhh noise thats called boost the big snail looking thing hanging off the manifold makes the psssssshhhh wich goes into an intercooler thats the doobery radiator with no water innit .... wich then goes into the engine and makes it goes really really fast ..... see its simple Laughing
Its all quite simple the basic sides of turbo charged cars its the rest of the bits that make it all happen makes it complicated ...

23New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 14th September 2014, 8:41 pm

Henry VW

Henry VW

I know what a turbo and intercooler is, and you're forgetting the oil feed to the turbo, dump valve/blow off valve, your boost gauge & sensors, whats a better set up for intercooler stainless pipe work or silicon tube? Why does boost pressure go PSI & BAR? Can you uprated the compressor wheel bearings ect?

24New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 14th September 2014, 9:09 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

You can upgrade the standard turbo to roller bearing for increased response. As with most things there is always more than one measurement; psi/bar, foot-pound/newton-metre etc...

25New Guy Empty Re: New Guy 14th September 2014, 9:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Henry VW wrote:I know what a turbo and intercooler is, and you're forgetting the oil feed to the turbo, dump valve/blow off valve, your boost gauge & sensors, whats a better set up for intercooler stainless pipe work or silicon tube? Why does boost pressure go PSI & BAR? Can you uprated the compressor wheel bearings ect?

Always best to use solid pipe work on inter cooler Henry
Reason being it does not expand like silicone pipe, it can sometimes be upto 2bar boost pressure which equates to approx 28psi
Now that's a lot of pressure and the pipe would just balloon hence give you very unstable boost pressure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum