Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » The new run about

The new run about

+6
Jon5698
Digitalfaze
Sparkie
fred05
ROB_IOW
Gaz GTiR
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The new run about Empty The new run about 15th July 2014, 11:12 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just picked this up for a nice price Wink

Only a run about while the GTIR is of the road... Its not a dirty diesel either as they have all had the turbo & diesel pump turned up & are all fooked!

Its a 2.0 XSI, FSH, 84000 miles, Fresh MOT, Tax till November... Engine bay is clean & sounds realy good for age, no rattles or misfires, gearbox sounds & feels good Smile
Shell has a few age related marks for year but undernieth/sills are like new, I was supprised  Shocked 

An older guy owned it, who bought it of an old man so its been looked after, so at the price he offerd it me for I snapped it up to run about in Smile

Only fault is its French :/

The new run about _80_zpsfba5a3ad

2The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 6:17 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Had my 306 cabriolet for nearly 4 years .. And it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned......

Never ever thought id say that about a French car

3The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 6:32 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

What about French cars? they are.....errrr....reliable.....unless it is a Renault or a Peugeot!! lol

you know what we are saying about Renault?
Avec Renault, tous les jours un bruit nouveau!
= with Renault, always a new noise....Ahah

but i do love Renault!

Peugeot is really not my cup of tea, your car is the last one acceptable !!!  Razz 
205 and 309 are my favorites....

4The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 8:19 am

Sparkie

Always look good in a great colour& factory dark wheels.

5The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 8:39 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

had the older version of the xsi, nice car and real comfy and superchip made it so much better

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

6The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 10:48 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yes Fred ive owned 3 Renault 5 Turbo's & I loved them, I do miss them Sad

7The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 7:00 pm

Jon5698

I used to have the 1.6 xs and it was a really good car, always wanted a rallye version.

8The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 9:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just picked it up, it drives mint... Clutch is abit heavy but ill have a look at it tomorrow prob cable needs greasing

9The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nice motor gaz for a run around  Wink 

10The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 16th July 2014, 10:27 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep just fell lucky with it realy mate. For the price & at the right time

11The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 7:18 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Need a lot of luck with French cars plus need buy right models/years & production factories, if you have a good run you best sell as soon as some faults arise as can can get out of hand unless handy with spanners & a multimeter :-)
Have a 206 hdi90 diesel in the family that doing well besides driver seat slide needing replacing once & then fixing by me when new one was locked in one position. Had a leak too from fuel filter housing due to being shite plastic & deforming with age. Diesel engine runs great even at 110Kmls. Have seen many more later models with huge array of faults though, electics are awful including the bosch control units. Later hdi diesels are tat compared to first gen.
Would only go french for good mpg diesel option or if someone gave me the keys & V5 :-P

12The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 7:31 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Lol!!!!spot on Mr.B ahah

13The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 12:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Sorry Fred, not like Rover, Jag, TVR, Landrover were super reliable :-P , French styling is great though & they come on a long way, if mixed with Jap build quality & engineering logic they would be amazing.
Every time I ever work on a Pug though the pathetic engineering & most awful wiring looms & layouts causes me severe mental turmoil & the good styling & world class diesel is forgotten :-S give me a Nissan or Subaru any day :-)

14The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 12:35 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive had a few pugs shitroens and Renaults in the past and I think there damned good cars, never really had any probs with any other than the hydraulic suspension on a bx gti
they go well too

maybe ive just been lucky

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

15The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 5:03 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep ive had reanault 5 turbos & the build quality of them is tinfoil & cardboard... I do LOVE the little pocket rockets tho Smile

But French in general are known to be shit build quality & a nightmare when things go wrong. So we'll see how long this 306 lasts before things start breaking  Rolling Eyes 

I have heard there a good little car tho to be fair

16The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 5:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

all cars have problems 306 and 205 are two brilliant cars. don't trash it gaz mate back ends tend fly out on the 306 hold well but when they go its no chance of getting them back

17The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 17th July 2014, 7:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My brother in law has had 4 306's all diesel the last one a hdi wich went really wrong but have worked on all of them they are not to bad to work on and overall not a bad car plus plenty of them about so spares isnt too much of a problem...

18The new run about Empty Re: The new run about 18th July 2014, 1:10 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

@johnny gtir wrote:all cars have problems 306 and 205 are two brilliant cars. don't trash it gaz mate back ends tend fly out on the 306 hold well but when they go its no chance of getting them back

Yeh johny, there torsion bar on back & not independent suspention, so if 1 wheel lifts so dous the other... My R5 Turbo's were the same, Another bad point about old French motors  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum