Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member in Bicester

+4
Gl3nnGTIR
Sparkie
nomad
DoubleD5
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New member in Bicester Empty New member in Bicester 30th November 2013, 7:25 pm

DoubleD5

Hey everyone David here. I just recently bought a 93 black, R. I fell in love with it when I was in Japan and surprised they have them here in England. I am from the states a " Yank" if you will, LoL. The bad news is that I bought it SORNed and figured it wouldn't be too much to get it MOT ed. Long story short, I only drove the car for a few minutes to get it to the shop and it was fantastic! Too bad the folks down at the shop said it needed a list of things done before I can even drive it . Sad probably set me back 500 quid. Lesson learned. When it's up and running I would love to meet up with some of you for meets or dyno days. Ohh yeah and I also have an extra " P" badge for sale.

2New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 30th November 2013, 8:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum david ..... doesnt matter to us what nationality or colour to us we are all here for the same reason ...  to ease the pain of pulsar ownership Laughing  
Whats the list you got to work through ? 
Parts can be advertised  in the proper section but adverts are a paid thing wich goes to holding events for the club .... paypal is at the bottom of the page .... 
We have some good event coming up so sure we can squeeze you in ...  check out our north vs south  dyno shoot out ....

3New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 30th November 2013, 8:51 pm

Sparkie

Welcome& hope the early owner ship woes have not put you off as they are great little cars really :-)

4New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 30th November 2013, 9:38 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Welcome to the forum mate Smile and welcome to the pulsar world Smile

5New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 1st December 2013, 11:30 am

DoubleD5

Thanks everyone! I feel very welcomed. Thanks Nomad, glad I can share my pain of buying this little monster. Well the parts list, includes and not inclusive... charging system not charging, wipermotor not working, horn not working, suspension is not up to standard by what the MOT guy said, exhaust may be too loud also, etc. Thats all i can remember and then I stopped paying atention becasue it was breaking my heart. I'll post up one pic I took as I dropped it off at the MOT place. I didnt even have a chance to give her a proper washing as I figured the MOT would be quick. Yup I would like to attend the shootout even if my car isnt up and running, Id like to make it out there. Very Happy
Thanks Sparkie, I knew from twhat the previous owner told me, "they are expensive to run and maintain." Didn't figure he really meant it a day into ownership, LOL.

Thanks for the warm welcom Gl3nnGTIR, I take it it's Glenn? Thanks mate. Very Happy 

6New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 1st December 2013, 1:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Post up the mot failure sheet mate ...... non of it sounds to bad to be fair .... alot could just be bad  wiring ...if not  and its alternater wiper motor and horn isnt that bad to replace or hugely expensive to buy the parts .... id be intrested in why the suspension isnt up to scratch .....do you know what exhaust it has on it ..... probably most common is a mongoose .... get some pics up mate there is plenty of us that can push you in the right direction with advice and help ...

7New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 1st December 2013, 1:44 pm

DoubleD5

The mechanic called me over the phone. I am sure if I ask for the write ups he can give me a list. I am trying to be optimistic and hope they aren't serious things to fix. He couldn't even give me a price but said around £400-£500. The previous owner said it was a racing exhaust and that's as much as he told me, he did however throw in a brand new OE GTi-R muffler to replace it when it didn't pass inspection. I guess I'm more frustrated at the fact that it wasn't a quick insp and I have to wait to drive it and enjoy it. That's the hard part. Smile. As soon as I can, I will post up some pics

8New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 1st December 2013, 2:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im sure it wont be that much especially if you dont mind getting your hands dirty ... yeah that would be better if you can get a list so you know exactly whats wrong and not just advisorys  so to speak ...

9New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 1st December 2013, 3:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the site fella

10New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 2nd December 2013, 1:33 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep welcome to the forum

its a steep learning curve owning a 20+ year old performance car and one that everybody needs to undergo if your gonna keep the car above board

loads of guys to help you out on here though and if your needing any parts give us a shout at gti-r us weve got an ad in the breaker section on here and always got parts in stock

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 2nd December 2013, 2:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Welcome matey Smile

12New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 2nd December 2013, 6:38 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the site get it all sorted will be worth it in the end exhaust to loud for mot ?

13New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 2nd December 2013, 9:33 pm

DoubleD5

Thanks pulsarmoley,thanks Gaz. @ Johnny, that's what the previous owner said. He figured it might be to loud. Not sure if that's one of the MOT items so it can pass. Id say it's about a 5" exhaust. To me it's to "chavy" no offense to anyone who has one, maybe if I was 17 again I wouldn't mind but the nosey neighbors peek out the window to see what all the fuss is about. Especially in the morning when turning it on. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound, feels like I'm going to the Le Mans in a rocket ship, LoL. I know it will be all worth it in the end. Once it's up and running I will venture out into the GTI-R community with my head high, knowing that we are a different breed, coming from a rally pedigree. Smile

14New member in Bicester Empty Re: New member in Bicester 2nd December 2013, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Alot of the mongoose tips are 5 inch ....you can get 3 inch ....but they are all just tips  on them .....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum