Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deep scratch

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deep scratch Empty Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 8:50 pm

Can someone help??

I need to know if there is an easy way of getting a scratch out of a motor the scratch goes from the bonnet right over the car an down the bonnet Sad

Tried T cut an it's taken a few parts of the scratch out but not all of it.

Thanks in advance.

2Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 8:56 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

G3 compound and a buffer you can try and wet and dry it with p1500 paper and buff it up if it's really deep would most likely need painting or just touch it up if the scratch is down to bare metal prevents it from rusting

3Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 9:00 pm

It's not down to metal but it's deep enough mate

Thanks for your advice will give it ago at the weekend

4Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 9:33 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

If the scratch is deeper than the lacquer itself it will need repainting or you can mix some lacquer up and dab it in to the scratch let it dry p1500 wet and dry it till flat and then g3 compound and buff it up seem as the scratch it really long might be just easier to give it a quick blow over with paint
But I will first try some g3 compound and try buff it out see how it comes out and take it from there

5Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 9:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If you have a touch up pen then build up a few layers so its more than the oe paint level let it go off then flat it down with 1500  and buff it out ... if you dont have a touch up and only a tin of spray just spray it in the lid and use a nail polish brush ..... just try a small patch first to make sure paint colour isnt to far out otherwise it will stand out no matter you do ...

6Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 9:36 pm

I will see how the compound goes on sat aft am really pissed off about it but never mind just thankful it's not the other cars

7Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 10:22 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

could try a mop and polish on it dave that might get it looking ok, either that or we can colour the scratch(im a mobile valeter) and buff it up so it looks pucker

8Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 10:33 pm

Where are you and how much will it cost?

9Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 10:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Stansted area .....bit of a travel  for you dave .....

10Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 10:40 pm

Hmm yeah it is really lol.

11Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 7th November 2013, 11:16 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

dave scratches and deep ones are the worst to get out of a car, if its deep then waste of time compounding it.
you've got 2 choices as said either build it up with paint then try flatting it down or if you want it gone so you cant see it youll need to get some cellulose putty and fill it then spray the panels.

believe it or not its easier to fill a dent or dink than a deep scratch, there a real pain to do

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 8th November 2013, 7:25 am

Well looking at it in day light the car looks fucked! Looks like someone has run a key over it.

Wish it was the pulsar as that will be having a paint job next year but it's happened to my bmw Sad

13Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 8th November 2013, 11:38 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

don't be sad dave obviously someone else hates them too lol

nah joking aside..............brainless scumbags, one day someone will be lucky enough to catch some of these fookers and teach them a lesson they wont forget, the whole countrys now full of pikey thieving braindead scum

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 8th November 2013, 3:00 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

cant stand people keying or scratching cars id rather them smash a window, while i was waiting to paint mine i used one of those scratch pens you get on ebay basically its just laqucer in a pen with different nibs. i first used some rubbing compound then polish and some glaze then used this pen and it did look a hole lot better but it was just temporary fix but for 1.50 a pen i didnt complain Smile

15Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 8th November 2013, 6:18 pm

Thanks for everyone's help I have my mate stuy coming over at the weekend to have a look at it so hopefully he will make it look better Sad

16Deep scratch Empty Re: Deep scratch 8th November 2013, 9:09 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

my scartch was not on my pulsar either if it had of been though i would have been furious glad your getting it sorted mate Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum