Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mad4it GTiR

+9
Gaz GTiR
skiddusmarkus
richpulsar
Ollydj
Ajay.
Kate&tim
GTI-R US
Stu
Mad4it
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 12th March 2013, 10:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I thought maybe that was the case..... im not a member on the oc so cant view the link mate ....

27Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 12th March 2013, 10:53 pm

Mad4it

Mad4it

Copy of thread below.

I'm not sure on the price is yet confirmed.

Very Happy

Given how old these things are now, and how rubbish the standard ignition system is + the fact I now have an R of my own to actually develop stuff on without needing to borrow others for long periods of it time, I'm in the early stages of a COP ignition upgrade.

This would wire into the existing ECU and replace the truly ancient (only magneto ignition is older) style ignition that the pulsar has and bring it up to current specifications with the following advantages:

*No more HT leads
*No more misfires
*Approx 200hp/cyl capable
*'Proper' spark plug gaps
*No more messing about with rotor arms distributor caps.

Obviously this kind of stuff is available to after market ECUs but since problems can occur on cars running as little as 350bhp where after market ECUs are not necessary, I would see it as being useful to all.

I've calculated that prices would be around £400 including brand new coil packs, but members and early adopters would get a decent discount.

My aim was to make it truly DIY plug and play, but since OEM plugs on the existing RNN14 Looms are so hard to find, it may involve some minor wiring into the existing loom, alternatively owners could bring their car to Fusion for the upgrade.

I'd be interested to know how many of you would be interested. I'm awaiting some parts, but hope to have my R running on this within a week or two.

28Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 12th March 2013, 11:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So is it a coil pack that sits over the plug type then ....

29Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 12th March 2013, 11:16 pm

Mad4it

Mad4it

nomad29 wrote:So is it a coil pack that sits over the plug type then ....

Yes

30Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 13th March 2013, 7:47 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Car is looking awsome Danny.

Were your ears burning lastnight? Me n Shaun was talking about you for a while lol
All good mind Wink haha
Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh and having a chat with you sometime soon mate.
Keep up the good work, you certainly was the right man to take over from where Shaun left off! Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

31Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 13th March 2013, 9:02 am

Mad4it

Mad4it

pulsar_stu wrote:Car is looking awsome Danny.

Were your ears burning lastnight? Me n Shaun was talking about you for a while lol
All good mind Wink haha
Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh and having a chat with you sometime soon mate.
Keep up the good work, you certainly was the right man to take over from where Shaun left off! Smile

Lol. Thanks Stu. Im looking forward to getting her back now especially as the weather should start getting better soon.

Yes, would be great to catch up soon. Hopefully the next meet.

32Mad4it GTiR - Page 2 Empty Re: Mad4it GTiR 13th March 2013, 6:06 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

very nice, subtle but menacing bet you get a few boy racers trying there luck Shocked if only they knew what a beast it is Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum