Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 10 Update & Fast

+3
shroom
johnny gtir
burrows1980
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 7:18 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hi,

My laptop auto updated to a new version of windows 10 the other day, grrr knew I should turn updates off. Came to use Nissan Fast but was in Jap mode, thought weird wheres the europe models gone.. tried to reinstall it but its no longer compatible with 64bit windows Shocked

Fast setup wont load to set the CD to B1 folder, Sad bugger!

I know theres a website with it all on, but much prefer using FAST program, for exploded diagrams etc and cross referencing parts etc, other than intalling a previous version of windows, is there a way round this?

Gaz

2Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 7:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Where do you get Nissan fast from on first place ?

3Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 7:45 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

I've had it for years, think Mr B has it on his link page....

4Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 7:48 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Top of his list mate

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5301-useful-pdf-files-software-info-on-the-gtir-easy-download-from-google-drive

5Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 7:49 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thanks

6Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 7:49 pm

shroom

shroom

Try this

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/set-compatibility-mode-windows-10

or have a read through these...

http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

There are some options to run applications in compatibility mode if they don't work fully in Windows 10. Cant say I have used fast or tested but might be worth a shot.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

7Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 8:25 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

thanks Shroom, but cant get it to work, found this though:

16-bit applications — that is, any application left over from the Windows 3.1 era — also won’t work on 64-bit versions of Windows 10. If you had a 32-bit version of Windows 7, they would run on that. If you do depend on ancient 16-bit applications, be sure you install the 32-bit version of Windows 10. This is just like with Windows 7 — 16-bit applications wouldn’t run on 64-bit versions of Windows 7, either. Try to run a 16-bit application on the 64-bit version of Windows 10 and you’ll see a “This app can’t run on your PC” message.

Why it worked on windows 10 before the update i'll never know. grrr, still got a desktop in the loft thats running windows xp so will use that when I need to.

8Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 8:36 pm

shroom

shroom

You could setup a virtual machine and load XP onto it if you really wanted to would be easier than running two actual devices.

http://www.howtogeek.com/196060/beginner-geek-how-to-create-and-use-virtual-machines/

You can even download them from Windows
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/#downloads

You could find an iso of Windows XP and run if from there.

Few options for you Smile

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

9Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 8:40 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Cool forgot about VM, nice one will do that, ta mate!

10Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 9:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I only use windows 7 and 32 bit but think fast was proper full 32bit (no 16bit )
Have to try it on a windows 7 64 bit and see what happens .

Have heard couple people complain about the auto upgrade, Lucky I have auto updates off & will be sticking with my 7 Ultimate till hardware death lol .

Could be window components rather than fast itself, Have a look at installing again and see if can use compatibility mode for installer as may help (right click on installer, properties, compatibility . try run as admin option too) !

Would of thought a 32 bit system would update to 32bit windows 10 !
very aggressive pushing of Windows10 by MS though :-/
that much of a turd no one going knowingly upgrade lol

11Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 9:57 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

It's really weird been running win10 for ages and fast was fine. What ever this update was has killed it. Tried reinstalling several times in compatibility modes as administrator but gets to the end of the install and won't install setup bit and this message appears

Windows 10 Update & Fast A6AC77E8-F4DF-41D2-A8E4-5831A0265EE0_zpsb4whadup

Works on VM running xp

Windows 10 Update & Fast 0A2FCF44-7783-4D26-B0C0-55720DE160AC_zpsilexceus

I'm thinking of dragging the files from VM xp onto win10 and see what happens!

Edit: your right mr b, fast is 32bit

12Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 2nd October 2016, 11:49 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Blast, that sucks I didn't realise it no longer worked either

13Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 3rd October 2016, 8:26 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

So who using it ok on a 64 bit W8 or W7 ?
I would assume your system was 64bit before last forced upgrade as would be seriously negligent on Microsoft to for a 64bit upgrade on a 32bit system ?
Basically a 32 system will handle 32 bit & 16 bit and 64 system will do 64 & 32 .
If fast ran before on 64bit windows which i'm pretty sure it did it has no 16bit modules as is pure 32bit application .
If that case it down to how latest update reading the Fast package & possibly easily fixable .
I don't touch W8 or 10 on my notebooks as W7 Ultimate is faultless and so easy with drivers devices backward compatibility, tweaks/hacks etc and use it on all work machines also & they ain't updating thus being on exact same platform everywhere makes life easy .
Few people using fast or with W10 so hopefully someone can find easy solution or confirm vm only way go .

My guess is windows dll files changed which fast needed or simply windows reading fast as 16bit when it not .

14Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 3rd October 2016, 3:42 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Yeah my system is 64bit windows 10 was defo 64bit before update and worked fine on that. It was fine on win 8 as well, it auto updated to win 10 last year, need to turn auto update off Laughing

I might dual boot with windows 7 if I can't find a way around it!

15Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 3rd October 2016, 4:59 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Always good have a W7 dual boot or a spare notebook with it as it so solid with all the diagnostics software and cables for one .
Here's another link on w10 compatibility mode .
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-old-desktop-apps-run-again-windows-10

16Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 3rd October 2016, 10:17 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

After a bit of a head ache I've got it working

Windows 10 Update & Fast A06BC763-417D-416A-B765-B176E532222C_zpsvmgrgee8

I will upload the copy I have onto google drive and post link up tomorrow night when I get 5 minutes. Will double check it works fully and not just a one off Laughing

17Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 4th October 2016, 7:38 am

splmum

splmum

Yes please. My FAST hasn't worked since I stopped using XP Pro and the new Windows 10 and their fucking upgrades (one recently took 5 hours) is not helpful at all.

I have my old desktop so will activate that for FAST and other diagnostic etc.

18Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 4th October 2016, 8:26 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Widows 10 is ballache , I simply don;t have time deal with hassles it brings when Windows 7 does the job without a glitch .
Have you modded the fast install , added older dependant dll files or more simple setting/privilage changes ?

Glad here works, MS are fooking useless these days, current office and windows is massive step backwards really . most OS going same way as lock it down & make most stuff online & subscriptions. All about money not about amazing software anymore ...
well done Mr Burrows thumbsup

19Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 5th October 2016, 8:23 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Try this FAST version, it works for me on Windows 10 with the latest update:

Nissan Fast

No files modded, found this version on my hard drive that allows the setup file to be opened!

Tried it on the wifes laptop and it worked so hopefully works for everyone else!!

20Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 8th October 2016, 5:14 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Works for me mate, thanks a lot, rep given Smile

Also loved the instructions, I did grab a cold one, perfect day for it, starting to get hot in Aus Laughing

21Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 17th October 2016, 9:12 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'm having trouble bringing up data, maybe I'm entering the VIN wrong? Any advice?

22Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 17th October 2016, 9:28 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

enter "RNN14" in the 1st field next to "VIN-Code", enter "345" in the 2nd field (for RA model) or "678" (for RB model) ...

23Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 18th October 2016, 8:21 am

splmum

splmum

burrows1980 wrote:It's really weird been running win10 for ages and fast was fine. What ever this update was has killed it. Tried reinstalling several times in compatibility modes as administrator but gets to the end of the install and won't install setup bit and this message appears

Windows 10 Update & Fast A6AC77E8-F4DF-41D2-A8E4-5831A0265EE0_zpsb4whadup

Works on VM running xp

Windows 10 Update & Fast 0A2FCF44-7783-4D26-B0C0-55720DE160AC_zpsilexceus

I'm thinking of dragging the files from VM xp onto win10 and see what happens!

Edit: your right mr b, fast is 32bit

Looking at the data fields on the second pic there are 2 fields in the Vin/Code the first is where RNN14 is placed and the second the six digit number xxxxxx.
On the window I can open there is only one data field and any form of the vin code entered does not work.
Any ideas as too why only one data field and not two like in the pic above.
ta.

24Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 18th October 2016, 8:57 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ thats my problem as well mate.

25Windows 10 Update & Fast Empty Re: Windows 10 Update & Fast 20th November 2016, 5:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Anyone ever figure what was up with this? ^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum