Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leak near dizzy but not dizzy?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 11th August 2012, 1:29 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ive just looked at a leak that ive got at the dizzy, ive just orderd a dizzy seal off bob which im going to replace. But the leak looks like its coming from above the dizzy? Its had a new rocker gasket but is there anywhere else they are proan to leak? Like i say its had a new rocker gasket!

I degreased it yesterday & took it for a drive then noticed abit oil hire
Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 003-9

Also oil down the front of the block near oil seporator?
Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 006-4

2Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 11th August 2012, 8:44 pm

danr

danr

shit/oil off the roads?
bov blowing filter oil around?

i have loads of crap around same area from bird slicer letting in other peoples exhaust gasses, etc. from road use

3Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 4:07 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Are you meant to put abit of gasket sealent between the gasket & where it meets the top of the head surface?

4Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 8:27 pm

johnboy

johnboy

I put gasket seal in the curved bits that line up with the ends of the camshafts and over the dizzy bit and under the bit that clamps over the top of the dizzy. It does no harm so I put it wherever it looks like it might help.

5Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 8:46 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

It looks like thats where its leaking. So ill whip it off & put some sealent round Smile

6Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 8:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes put a thin coat of sealant in the half moon bits on the head as they do tend to leak from there.
dont use sealant all over the gasket though like some shitty messes ive seen

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 9:02 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok ill try it, Also whats the best way to hold the round plug seald in the rocker cover when your putting it back on? Always paranoid about them falling out as i put rocker cover back on

8Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 9:05 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

stick a bit of grease on them and press them on...they wont fall off

9Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 13th August 2012, 9:14 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I did think grease but wasnt sure. Cheers guys Wink

10Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 14th August 2012, 10:07 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

gtirus wrote:yes put a thin coat of sealant in the half moon bits on the head as they do tend to leak from there.
dont use sealant all over the gasket though like some shitty messes ive seen

Whats the best sealent to use for this? Theres that many different sealents Mad

11Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 14th August 2012, 10:16 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

we use loctite, think its 5910 or something like that gaz

12Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 14th August 2012, 10:20 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok ill look it up, Its not the blue stuff is it that i would of used for sealing the thermostat housing, loctite 5926? as ive still got some of that left. Maybe no good tho!

13Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 15th August 2012, 8:38 am

johnboy

johnboy

The stuff I used was blue but I can't remember what it was called.

14Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? Empty Re: Leak near dizzy but not dizzy? 15th August 2012, 11:50 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

with the half moon seals i wouldnt worry what it is too much as you only need a thin skim over them so its not like your gonna be getting big clumps breaking loose

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]