Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil filter thread size

+3
Mr B
PartyPete
Gaz GTiR
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Oil filter thread size Empty Oil filter thread size 13th July 2015, 6:08 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Whats the thread size of oil filter on a GTiR? Im fittin a oil cooler & I need to get a centre bolt that go's threw the sandwich plate & then screw the filter on... But cant find the thread size?

And anyone know where I can get 1 from before weekend? Cant find 1 anywhere suicide

2Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 13th July 2015, 6:20 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Iv all ways heard there a bit of a waste of time on our cars gaz? Any reason for it?

3Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 13th July 2015, 6:35 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

3/4UNF, the sandwich plate & centre threaded fitting is same as the VW ones such as golf gti corrado. I think the mocal part# for whole sandwich plate thermostatic was OTSP1-3/4UNF

4Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 13th July 2015, 7:17 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

I burst the pipe on my oil cooler by missing a gear change once took a hole second for my oil to leave the engine killed the engine there and then. Have been told dont bother unless your taking it on the track and its 30plus degres

5Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 13th July 2015, 7:45 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Its just on hot days realy... 5 mins of boost on a country road or chasing someone thdn temps start rising, so was going to fit 1...

Cheers Mr B Smile

6Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 13th July 2015, 8:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

A lot of people don't need them & in uk it not that hot so can manage without.
decent thermostatic one with say a 230mm 16 row cooler & decent hoses should be trouble free. I only use hydraulically crimped fittings on decent braided hose from local hydraulic shop as burst points & leaks tend be unheard of that way.

7Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 17th December 2015, 5:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231559686133

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/331540460179

Which one is the right one please?? Need to order it

8Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 17th December 2015, 5:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

From what i gather it depends on what size hoses you have to your cooler as to which one you go for ????

9Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 17th December 2015, 6:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I wasn't sure if that was anything todo with the screw inside the sandwich plate, how would I even measure them?

10Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 17th December 2015, 7:55 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

from your other thread you say you already got the plate & only want the centre bolt which is as linked below from MLR
http://www.mattlewisracing.co.uk/product.php/898/0/oil_cooler_plate___matt_lewis_racing/3b6cb3761b0a2298d00ec2d48352728b

If you do need whole plate & already have pipes then you will need measure fittings they have & match them, use vernier caliper & thread gauge or test on some fittings or get a local shop check them.

11Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 17th December 2015, 8:10 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I've checked the sandwich plate and it's not thermostatic and that's what I'm after....I'll have to get them measured up, cheers b

12Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 17th December 2015, 8:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

does the other plate have fittings that could be swapped if needed to new thermostatic plate !
Is indeed best check but in worse case scenario you probably going have enough parts between what you got & get to make it all fit .

13Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 1:28 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Right, I have the thermostatic sandwich plate, and the fittings to connect it to the the pipes for the cooler are correct, so that's fine, however I bought it with the 3/4 unf center adaptor, ive also bought a genuine Nissan oil filter (sunny n14 turbo it says on the add) and it won't thread onto the adaptor as its the wrong size, is the filter wrong or this 3/4 unf jobby?

14Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 2:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

3/4-16 Unf is filter thread I think

15Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 2:15 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/131680974392

This is the oil filter I've received, is this right?

16Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 2:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Looks like it whats it say on the side of the box

17Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 2:27 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

So now I'm wondering why doesn't it bloody fit! I got the 3/4unf thread as stated

18Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 2:45 pm

shroom

shroom

I brought a filter off eBay and was a bag of sh1t although it said on the box no way would it seal. Stick with genuine nissan or blueprint no and looks like it is genuine from the link so god knows wht it wont fit.

I think the car just hates you Pete maybe best to leave it alone lol

19Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 2:54 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Tom, it doesn't hate me, it loves me, but she's a high maintanence bitch that's pissing me off, I just want the oil filter to fit on the God damn thread fuming

20Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 3:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

So dose that filter fit the existing screw thread

21Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 24th December 2015, 4:14 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

That I don't know yet Johnny, but I'll find out in a few days when I go to the garage to the car

22Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 28th December 2015, 4:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How did you get on with it .... did you manage to check the old filter on the new thread and visa versa ????

23Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 28th December 2015, 4:46 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

No I got the dash out today but couldn't be bothered to do anything else, I will check this week though

24Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 28th December 2015, 5:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What you ripping the dash out for ????

25Oil filter thread size Empty Re: Oil filter thread size 28th December 2015, 7:28 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Having it flocked, also fitting some new gauges so it'll make that easier

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum