Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear sub frame removal

+3
nomad
ROB_IOW
Bones
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rear sub frame removal Empty Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 7:09 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

How long does it take to remove and can I do it on my own? I'd like to get it off and either powder coated or painted up

2Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 7:12 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Not difficult really. You could probably have it off in less than 2 hrs on your own. .

Depends how capable you are

3Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 7:15 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ah good , so long as it's less than half a day I'll do it

4Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 7:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its not to bad .... ive done it twice now on my own..... dont forget to unplug the abs sensors .... the only thing is its quite heavy with everything still bolted to it so best to lower it down onto something like a bread trolley so you can slide it out from under the car so ideally two jacks and and something with wheels ....

5Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 7:35 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

From memory  .   Undo struts from  hub .  Undo calipers  . Suspend calipers from struts. Disconnect abs sensors .. Undo  handbrake cables.    Remove exhaust . Undo propshaft. Crack off the 4 nuts  holding subframe up.    Place jack under diff..

remove  4 nuts  and then lower  jack slowly ..

6Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 7:37 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I had to remove exhaust to get the fuel tank down .... Might not need to remove to drop out axle

7Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 7th February 2015, 9:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats exactly how i did mine rob .... thumbsup

8Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 8th February 2015, 10:46 am

buckym120

buckym120

Exhaust goes up and over so as you said can stay in place unless dropping tank as well. Only bit I would add is to undo all the bolts for the lateral arms while it's still insitu, especially the one going through the back of the hubs, which is common to seize. also remove the breather pipe for the diff into the floor

9Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 8th February 2015, 7:08 pm

grim_d

grim_d

If you don't have an impact gun then crack your hub nuts off BEFORE you lift the car and do anything else.

In fact crack as many of the big bolts as you can as they will all be seized to some degree.

10Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 8th February 2015, 8:49 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Rear sub frame removal 009
These bolts can be buggers to shift!

11Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 8th February 2015, 8:55 pm

grim_d

grim_d

Plusgas, bit of emery to knock down the corrosion on the mid section, turn while chapping with a copper hammer (or put the nut on to protect the threads) they will come out.

12Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 8th February 2015, 10:56 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

That long hub bolt in the photo, can these still be bought from Nissan? When I stripped mine down last year the ns was a complete ass to get out and ended up knackering the threads completely Crying or Very sad

Gaz

13Rear sub frame removal Empty Re: Rear sub frame removal 9th February 2015, 12:03 am

buckym120

buckym120

Yes, I replaced both of mine last year as one was seized so bad I had to cut it out.

I used Mike at mj services can source any factory part and former pulsar own.  Details in the links section

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum