Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Black Pulsar, project starting to take shape after the car was stood around for over 5 years.

+2
Hardy172cup
mikewazowski
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Hi guys, i thought its about time for me to start a thread. I'm a bit all over the place with everything so i didnt really have time to be updating the forum thread.

background - got the R as a non runner in end of oct 2013. Engine not starting, bent clutch fork, floppy clutch pedal, very rough paint and clear coat.

PICS OF THE CAR THE DAY AFTER I GOT IT -

https://s1315.photobucket.com/user/mikewazowski14/media/DSC_3743_zpsc84c7417.jpg.html?sort=3&o=13

https://s1315.photobucket.com/user/mikewazowski14/media/DSC_3753_zpsc375a0d2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10

https://s1315.photobucket.com/user/mikewazowski14/media/DSC_3756_zps6f678d71.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

https://s1315.photobucket.com/user/mikewazowski14/media/DSC_3759_zpsb15228f3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

- ENGINE NOT RUNNING

You can see all sorts of greenery growing on the car. The pictures dont really show how bad the car was because it was raining. It looked very sorry and it hasnt been on the road since 2007/8. My first job was to get the engine to run. Previous owner said to me that he suspects that the immobiliser is being the problem but i soon found out that it works fine ( i red through the alarm manual). I did all the procedure to disable the immobiliser and found out that the pump was working and fuel was in the rail. So i obviously tried to fire it up. It turned out that the coil cables were soaked in water. After drying the cables and changing the sparks i tried to start it again and no luck. So i drained the old fuel and the car started, it was running on two cylinders at the beginning, after adding injector cleaner it started just fine!!! Smile

- CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER

The clutch pedal was floppy. No pressure in it at all. I tried to bleed it many times but no luck. The weird thing was that the master was changed right before the car went off the road so i didnt suspect it to be the faulty part. I started looking for leaks etc but there wasnt anything. I've checked the slave and after this i came to the conclusion that its the master. After a lot of hassle with getting the intake out i managed to get my hands on the master cylinder. It turned out that one of the seal was really stiff and it didnt actually seal the cylinder. I managed to fix this and after reassembling everything together and bleeding the clutch it had pressure in it and it worked fine! :)another win!

- INTERIOR AND WIRING

After doing some dirty jobs outside i wanted to check the interior wiring and refurb the seats. I was worried about wiring after removing the radio because the previous owner used loads of tape and dodgy soldering. Many things didnt work as well. No lighter, no horn, old amp wiring to remove etc. I've completely rewired the radio and speakers, good soldering and heatshrink this time. I had a major problem with water entering the passenger footwell, because of amp wiring the previous owner removed the rubber plug that goes just about all the petrol lines. Thank god i found a nissan sunny at a scrap yard so i got hold of the plug that was meant to be there ( also picked up a nice uncut parcel shelf and boot struts) I've removed about 2kg of old unplugged & unused wiring (y).

After this i refurbed my Recaro SRD's. The suade was leather like due to people not taking care of it. Loads of dirt and grease in the seat. Also alot of foam was missing so i tried my best to fill the spaces. I need to look for more photos of the seats because i think they turned out quite well.

Photo of the seat before and after - https://s1315.photobucket.com/user/mikewazowski14/media/DSC_3783-tile_zps47858b4a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

--I think its about it for now, I'll upload more photos of me working on the body etc to my photobucket and will update the thread. --

Matt aka mikewazowski

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Nice work mate, glad to here its all starting to come together. It's nice to see a GTIR get rescued after such a long period of neglect

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

first pic looks like one ive got down here at the mo with the rubbed down driver rear qualter.

at least you have a toweye cover
glad its all coming together for you

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

its the same on the bonnet but with really bad paint peel. And on some parts on the roof and front fenders. Im slowly starting to paint some stuff but i only have a small shed to work in so im abit limited Very Happy

and yeah, got the tow eye cover! and some nismo extras aswell. Quite a bargin for £800 i think Smile

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Bargain mate. Worth that foe the engine and box

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

yeah thats what i thought, event if it turned out to be a complete shed i could still break it Smile im happy that its in a decent enough nick to be bringing it back to life tho Smile

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

really impressive job on the seat!!
glad you sort that out!! i made a bargain for my car too, but not as big as yours!!!! Top job!!

what is the newxt step? is it now ok for taking the road?

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

i still have the clutch fork to do on it Smile currently the car is sat on axle stands with no hubs and no suspension etc ready for the clutch and transfer box to be dropped Smile thats the last big job before i put it on the road really Smile

apart from that i need to sort out a massive hole in the drivers side sill in the back and some little rust here and there. I've got all the filters to change and i have also got a full set of goodridge braided brake lines to go on the car Smile

as you know projects never end but just the clutch fork to put the car on the road Smile ill upload some more pics on here soon to show you what ive done Smile

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Did you end up welding one up ?

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

yeah my mate is going to weld the fork for me Smile the plan is to have it on the road MOT & taxed by beginning of may. I'm currently quite busy so havent got much time to work on the R. But im really looking forward, ive got dyno printouts for 285bhp so should be fun Smile

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You will love it when its up and running if you get stuck with the fork just drop me a pm i may of done a" how to" by then you never know lol ..

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

oh sure i will! im looking forward to seeing it work Smile and thanks, ive asked many times already so i have a brief idea of what needs to be done to the fork Smile

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive got one I made earlier here
want me to throw a pic up? easy to make if you've got a welder

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

if you have a picture then yes please Smile

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Yo wassup guys! Small update, i took the gearbox off last week to put a new clutch fork in (suspected bent one in the car) just to find out that the fork on my car is like new. So after examining the fork and the bell housing i found that the ball pivot is snapped. I've ordered a new one and fitted it today, i managed to put the gearbox together and get it screwed in the mounts etc. Now i have to assemble everything back together and see if it was just he ball pivot Smile

pic - https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1507066_10203704451080599_3101036879299296798_n.jpg

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Update - Ive put everything together now but still got the lights and bumper and front drivers wing to sort out.

I've chainged oil in the gearbox/tranny and the engine and the car runs sweet as a nut now.

I also got some new gaskets for the turbo to downpipe and downpipe to decat cause the previous owner just didnt use any (y) Apart from that ive painted the rocker cover and cut unnecessary piping under the bonnet to get abit more space. Also got rid off the support brackets for the TMIC. I also put braided lines for the clutch and all calipers.

Once i have some time ill upload some pics of what ive been upto recently Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum