Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

starter removal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1starter removal Empty starter removal 7th February 2014, 12:51 am

gtirnick

Hi All,

My starter went recently, and i've got my hands on a spare.

My Y bracket and the bracket holding up the intake manifold are out.

Can the starter be removed from the passenger side after removing the rear stabilizer mount?

Any tips would be appreciated !

Thanks,

Nick

2starter removal Empty Re: starter removal 7th February 2014, 7:11 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Yes it can not to bad a job with out y bracket in

3starter removal Empty Re: starter removal 7th February 2014, 11:22 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you don't need to remove the rear stabilizer
just remove the dump pipe from plenum and undo the 2 main bolts from gearbox side then the main power lead onto solenoid (12mm) pull the spade off solenoid from ignition and simply lift it out, obviously make sure that you disconnect a lead from your battery before removing it though

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4starter removal Empty Re: starter removal 7th February 2014, 5:55 pm

gtirnick

thanks for the tips.

question, i'm not 100% sure if i have erratic clocks or an erractic speedo gear as my speedometer works when it wants to. Also the odometer doesn't work either.
i've got a ecutalk display, and when the clocks work, the speed on the ecutalk display works.  
When the clocks don't work, neither does the display.  
Does the speed sensor have to go to the clocks first before it makes it to the ecu or consult?

Whilst i've got the starter out, would it be easy enough to get to the speedo gear and replace?

I purchased a gear from bob about a year ago

5starter removal Empty Re: starter removal 9th February 2014, 1:52 pm

It's not a bad job to get too just an arse. It sounds more like you have a loose connection somewhere mate check the wiring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum