Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir modifiers

+7
clarebear
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
Andy Sunny Gti
nomad
Stu
Bones
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gtir modifiers Empty Gtir modifiers 4th February 2014, 11:19 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'm a member on the modifiers and feel very sad that the site has gone down the pan in my opinion. I don't like to see anything connected to the R turn bad but over the last 2 months I've popped back on modifiers to see if things on there have change but I only read a couple of active threads and people were just arguing among themselves. This isn't in anyway a dig I hope they can pull what I feel use to be a great site. ( got me interested and made me buy my 1st R). Please don't let this site go the same way or my life will be over. Just my thoughts but if this get removed by Admin I will understand

2Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 4th February 2014, 11:24 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

This site is here to stay Wink

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 4th February 2014, 11:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It wont get removed darren ..... i to started on the modifiers wich is where i first started to pick up and learn about the cars ..... it was a good site  with a huge database and useful info .... i used to post a fair bit on there and thats how i found bob and got him to do abit of work on my r  then a while later this site come about and moved over on here then havent been active on there since ....its a sinking ship and im suprised its still afloat tbh .... like i said its a shame really but as pulsars get less and less fewer  members etc  this is why this forum is geared the way it is and different to the other two sites .

4Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 4th February 2014, 11:38 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

So your saying you left there because you met bob on there and he did some work on your car??? Lol understandable

5Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 4th February 2014, 11:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No because this site opened and got on well with bob and stu so thought id give it a go .... trouble is you need regular posters stuff that people can join in on and comment wich is why random banter is great as there is only so much you can talk about with pulsars  and also events cause a buzz and something for members to look forward to .... thats why we are the best forum imo...

6Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 4th February 2014, 11:58 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

A site is only as good as it's members!
The members on here a a great warm and welcoming bunch of people Smile
Nomad you are a big part of the makeup of this site! You put a lot more than most on here and it makes the site active and apealing!
Someone making threads and replying to someone else's thread all the time helps keep a place moving forward!
That's exactly how I was on modifiers! I made over 10k posts in about 7 years which helped the place move along because I knew everyone on the site so tried to keep it friendly...
The old members sold up and a few undesirables then made the place go down hill fast. So no one wanted to go on there which made it how it is today.
As long as the members on here are happy, it will stay active Smile

Bob has big plans and the 3 of us try to make it a happy home with the help of the moderators and other active users Smile

Ramble over lol

7Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 7:25 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

At the end of the day just remember times move on and each site had its time.
All gtir sites have been big then dipped. Just that now this is the most active site as its the newest.
Whenever a new site comes along with changes it will always attract new members.
Almost 80% of members that were on the modifiers have sold up, which adds to another reason why it's not so active.
I started on there 10 years ago, so things would obviously change.
But put it this way in the next 10 years things would have changed even more and there may be no Gtirs left.
No one knows, lets just appreciate that we have at least 3/4 gtir sites out there that people can go onto, for a rapidly declining gtir car scene.

P.s this site is very good and hits the right buttons, but so did all the other sites when they set up. So it's all about the mods and the community to help keep the sites running, spirit high, and kick out all the riff- raff.  Lol
Long live the Gtir scene.x

8Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 12:57 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I have always found they were lacking bigtime in the events side of things imo
people used to talk the talk but when it comes down to making things happen everything used to fall by the wayside for one reason or other, once that happens theres no real interaction between members and things become boring other than a bit of keyboard banter.

also the parts section was out of control and certain individuals were being ripped off by people just signing up to flog stuff that on a fair few occasions they never even had or was totally mis-described, too many people (including myself) were being caught and nothing was really being done about it which kind of made the whole thing a lottery. so we try keep the parts section on this forum under strict control to try stop this from happening, its not bullet proof but a damned sight better than it was on the modifiers which was open to extreme abuse by anybody.

back in the day a few years ago now things were a little different as andy pointed out but those days have long gone now.
now we have a new breed of owners and a few old skool ones so were trying to liven things up by making things happen in the events side of things to maybe get back whats been missing for so many years.

I personally think the modifiers is finished and had its day, people don't post and other than its huge database the place is dead and almost buried.
with the volume of cars left now there really only needs to be one forum but then I suppose its also a good thing that people have a choice too then they can go on whatever one they like

im happy with this forum the way its grown, the stuff we have planned for members and everything about it is exactly what we were aiming for when it was formed so we will be here for a long while yet.
even if I bail out at anytime il just pass onto someone else so it will never not be here.
so no need to top yourself yet Darren  Laughing

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 1:58 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Wheres my post gone? lol, I posted on this topic lastnight but its disapeard?  scratch 

10Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 3:23 pm

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Our sites the best  cheers cheers cheers  because we all lovely and friendly and full of usefull information......
For instance, did you know that you can test a battery buy dropping it on to a hard surface, if it's good it will make a thud and generally stay standing, a dead battery will bounce  Wink  ain't I clever!  study   lol! 

11Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 3:25 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

how did you know that : /

get your arse down here and get some work gear on lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 3:28 pm

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Ain't I clever babe  flower  and I can't, just done my nails  queen

13Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 4:19 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Gaz GTiR wrote:Wheres my post gone? lol, I posted on this topic lastnight but its disapeard?  scratch 

I think it's on Dave's thread Gaz.
I noticed your random post on there earlier while I was cleaning it up.
The one where he says he has a problem.

Were you drunk mate? Lol

14Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 4:20 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Pmsl at Clair Laughing have you been throwing batteries about? Hahaha

15Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 5:51 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

How the hell did it end up on there?  scratch  Just deleted it as it makes me look like im losing the plot  Shocked 

16Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 5:55 pm

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Stu wrote:Pmsl at Clair :lol:have you been throwing batteries about? Hahaha

I know your amazed by my cleverness  study  try it, really cool  Very Happy 

17Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 6:38 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Gaz GTiR wrote:How the hell did it end up on there?  scratch  Just deleted it as it makes me look like im losing the plot  Shocked 

Yea but Gaz we already know you lost the plot donkeys years ago we just haven't got round to calling the men in white coats yet as we enjoy your posts too much  Razz 

18Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 7:18 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I know I know... Someone has to be the class clown  Laughing 

19Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 7:33 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Clare, I've been in the garage and dropped my car battery on one corner and it's just split and sprayed acid all over my wife's new car , my blade and as I was looking very closely for a quote bounce!!! I'm covered in the stuff. Personally I'm not sure it's the best way to test a battery... Lol

20Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 7:50 pm

Greygtir

Tbh i dnt think the gtir scene is that bad. There are alot of people build who dont posr on the forum. A few special cars. I had a guy come from manchester other week for a set of my doors he has a winter green on running a vag gearbox. Very intresting build and not documented any where. Theres still life in the r and still people willing to prove there good cars.

21Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 7:55 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Greygtir wrote:Tbh i dnt think the gtir scene is that bad. There are alot of people build who dont posr on the forum. A few special cars. I had a guy come from manchester other week for a set of my doors he has a winter green on running a vag gearbox. Very intresting build and not documented any where. Theres still life in the r and still people willing to prove there good cars.
You sure he's from Manchester and not from stoke? He isn't known as minty is he?
Has a winter green track car in progress and a black Gtir with an Audi gearbox!

22Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 5th February 2014, 9:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

as above

23Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 6th February 2014, 6:00 am

Greygtir

Reading stoke all i knowcwas when i was goin to frop the doors of he said he lived near manc but i never went as he came to me

24Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 6th February 2014, 7:21 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I've not been on modifiers or oc for 6 months..
Modifiers never gets new posts etc. and oc was full of tits telling you that you've done it wrong etc...

25Gtir modifiers Empty Re: Gtir modifiers 6th February 2014, 10:45 am

Greygtir

Yer or asking why. Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum